Hot water discharge near Aberdeen, I need a report

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by crazycat1, Mar 11, 2009.

1. crazycat1

crazycat1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am going to fish the hot water discharge for blues on friday and I wondered if anyone had fished it lately and what they caught. I also was wondering about the condition of the river right now..Any shad present for bait, or skipjacks?:confused2: Any help with this would be wonderful. Thanks.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Discharge is not a very good fishery for Blues. Lots of channels though. I haven't seen it lately so I cant give ya any info on bait, there is usually plenty of shad around there.

3. Vito the Catman

Vito the Catman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went there last Sat. we did not catch any skip jacks. The wind started blowing hard, so we only stayed for a couple hours. We saw a few shad jumping not much else going on.

4. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    I was there about a month ago, I might head back out there tomorrow, I was on the bank fishing for skips. Not a single one, however there was a lot of movement in the water so I threw my cast net and got a net full of shad. The shad seemed to be really stacked up in there. It was really cold though and the warmer water was probably why they stacked up.

5. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    I remember that! whats up Brian lol