Hot Water Discharge Lakes?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Ok, I have a question for anybody from the board and from any state... If anybody can give me some info on fishing in a Hot Water Discharge Lake I would love to hear from you. I was invited today for a trip in December/January to a lake in Ohio. Not sure what to look forward to, or what to expect... What kind of fishing is done in these lakes in the winter?, what kind of bait?, what kind of depth?, etc...

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ill help u out bro if youe fishing in the summer stay away from the disharge, if its in late fall winter fisg as close to the discharge, have one poll shallow and one deep, for flatheads use bluegill live for blues use shad, if your after blues try any were in the lake thats got structer,also blues will stay in the cold water and the hot, have big pools hooks and waits

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont have a lake to fish with hot water discharges but however I do have a nice power plant on the river as well a dam with a discharge and all i can say is that some of the best blue catfishing of the year I have during the winter in these water discharges. The discharges get all of the bait to them for the warm water, shad, bluegill, skipjack and any other baitfish you can think of. And whereve the baitfish go, you can be sure that the cats will be right behind them or better yet sitting right underneath them. Oh yeah drpepper thats another place to winter catfish and do a lot of good is at a power plant in lawrenceburg about thirty miles up river from the dam. I have gotten quite a few blues out of there as well in ther winter months

4. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Lawrenceburg eh? I ain't too far from there, might have to give it a try.

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Erik it is a good place to fish just about any time of the year actually. You have to have a boat though to fish it. I have so many spots around that plant that i have pulled nice fish out of its not even funny. Not to mention bait is real easy to catch there right now. Shad, Skipjack and bluegill and sometimes even mooneye. If you ever want to go, lemme know. ill meet up with you