Hot Spots

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by anakin, Aug 24, 2005.

1. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    I thought it would be a cool idea if members could share pics of their treasured catfishing holes.Maybe let us know what the largest fish theyve pulled out of it has been/water depth/type of structure/bed type thats located there & other things that make it a hotspot.
    I have still not caught any really large cats & thought this would be a good idea to help newbies identifying good spots that may contain large flats. Let me know what you guys think.

2. brian sax

brian sax New Member

State:
    shawnee kansas
    i think that is a good idea, cant wait to see some pics. i dont have any pics of where i fish, but i dont really have a hot spot. i just go to different places

3. CaTFiSH1346

CaTFiSH1346 New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Here is one spot i go along river riprap on the mississippi river by a warm water discharge...some nice catfish here, the channel there is 8lbs and we have also got a 20 lb flat here
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Pics are pretty tiny but I can make out alot of boulders. Looks like a nice spot. Do you fish on the bottom with all the rocks around?

5. mudcat_xpress

mudcat_xpress New Member

State:
    Beckley, WV
    This is a gret idea. I can't wait to go fishing this weekend so I can take a piture of my hot spot(this gives me a reason to fish it and not to just let it get rest) I hope all of the pictures you see will help you find a great place to fish. And put you right on top of those big shovel heads.

6. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Sorry, but I am not going to post any pictures of anywhere I fish. There are other guys on this board that fish the same rivers and lakes I do and I am not sure they are catch and release guys like I am. My "hot spots" could easily be fished out and become "dead" spots. :cursing: I know you guys are my brothers but I ain't sharing my "honeyholes" or my woman. You guys can find your own! :)

7. Chuckb

Chuckb New Member

State:
    Pana Illinois
    Aww come on Dave. Be a sport. I wouldn't fish out your honeyholes! :evil-big:

8. CaTFiSH1346

CaTFiSH1346 New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    I fish a bobber along the rocks, but i have fished bottom and got some channels.

9. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Glad you think so mudcat. I thought it was a pretty cool idea & next time I go out & fish some spots im working on i'll take pics to see what you guys think.

Redtick, I understand completely where your coming from. I have a very good friend who says he will not c&r large cats if he ever catchs one. To say the least I havent been doing much fishing with him at lakes that i know contain large cats & not sure if i'd ever show him where I got a big one. (that is if i ever catch one lol)

10. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Chuck, I don't share my good huntin' spots either. But, you may hear me blasting one out to my dogs while you are fishing this Fall. LOL :D :p

11. rivercatman

rivercatman New Member

State:
    Berea Kentucky
    show us a pic of your honey hole :wub:

12. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I like the idea,i don't have a pic but mine is the Red river south, out of Bishop Point, no need to keep it quiet, a lot of people fish it, and i know that none of us are catch and let go, these fish are here to eat.

13. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Just caught my first flat on 9/4/05, so i guess this is my hot spot from now on.. Water depth 4 ft give or take, rocky bottom with a lil current about 100 yards down from a diversion dam.. Also included a pic of big Bertha.

Attached Files:

14. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    boc wont allow me to post pic of my hotspot cuz i posted it in another thread, in the arizona sections under rivers. Guess you guys will have to go there to chk out the hotspot. sorry... ps was not able to get weight before I released it...

15. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    nice fish what did it weigh, I am still waiting to break my 15lb flathead personal record, hopefully I will beat it soon. Congrats

16. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.