Hot spots in Southeast Indiana?

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by farbeyonddriven, Sep 25, 2008.

1. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone know any good spots in the southeast corner for this time for year?

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Ohio River... And Welcome to the Wonderful World of Catfishermen & Women

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Erik, go to tanners creek boat ramp in lawrenceburg, its bak behind the mcdonalds across from the UDF. put your boat in and go out to the river. And either way. All through that area is good fishing. And if you do not have a boat, go to aurora indiana and on the the highway in the corner by a marathon station theres an old boat ramp that isnt accesible for boats anymore. go down that little ramp and fish off of the end of it. I hear of lots of people catching some fish there. And theres a park right down from that ramp with a clearing down by the water with lots of shoreline that can be fished as well

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    And Erik, welcome to the BOC, there are a lot of people on here that fish that same waters you do, and if you pay close enough attention you will learn tons more than what you knew a month ago. i promise

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC, Erik, from sunny South Carolina!
    Bill in SC

6. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Ohio River is your best bet i would say, i dont know if you heard about this, but if you remember when the barge got stuck on the bridge, i used to fish at that bridge, was a real good spot for me, lots of fish, and easy to get to, its somewhere in New Albany i believe.

Welcome to the BOC by the way:wink:

7. farbeyonddriven

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah, no boat yet, but I'm working on that!:smile2:

I'm probably going to try out that spot by the Marathon station, what marathon is that exactly? im confused and have wrecked my brain trying to figure it out, is it close to the YMCA? I live in Sunman, IN, btw.

8. farbeyonddriven

State:
    Indiana
    oh, and thanks for the welcome everyone!

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Erik,If you know how to to rising sun from sunman, act like your going to rising sun. If not, turn on the road by the YMCA that takes you by the grain place. and by the bar thirty turtle across the railroad tracks. Go across the iron bridge that crosses a creek. At the the light turn left and follow that road around a corner and you will see the marathon at the next light. turn left there too. and the little ramp im talking about is right past that marathon.

10. farbeyonddriven

State:
    Indiana
    Awesome, I know exactly where you're talking about. Can't wait to try it out this weekend.

11. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey erik leave me a messege of what time you will be down there, and if i am up that way i will swing in there and say hi. and if there a bunch of people at that ramp, try a little further down by that park. you can walk down the hill and fish there on the little beach area. theres some decent fishing there. i can always count on that place to give me channels. and i have caught a few good flats there as well.

12. filletfetish

filletfetish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm not how far you care to travel, but if you can make it to Hardy Lake, I thinked you'd be impressed. I mainly chase crappies at night until the catfish tell me different. One evening about 5 weeks ago, I caught somewhere around 20. Mostly channels and a couple blues. I was casting up into the stick-ups while mainly waiting on crappies.

I did manage to break 3 lines of 20# test. Two of them were nice fish, for sure, but I had already caught a few on those lines. Pulling fish out of structure is always hard on a line. The first one I broke was just big.....period. If I thought bigfoot could hold his breathe that long, I'd swear I had him on the end of my rod.

13. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Bret, welcome to the BOT.:big_smile:

BIGCAT GarryEads

14. farbeyonddriven

State:
    Indiana

That's out by Madison right? I didn't get a chance to go to that spot last weekend Steve, went to my usual creek spot, only caught an 8# carp. Probably gonna hit it up this weekend , weather looks good! can I access that area in a car?