hot rod

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by River_monster91, Nov 24, 2007.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    hey guys, just thought i could get your opinion on the best Hot rod or muscle car that was ever made or you have owned and drove. my favorite car would probally be a '67 ford mustang, but the meanest car ive ever been in was my dads old '64 plymouth belvedere with 4.11 gears. that thing would lay the rubber down even with a 318 in it. suprised quite a few people at the stop lights in town.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The Chevelles. Thats all I have to say about that.:eek:oooh:

3. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I think the best muscle car ever made would either be a ZL1 Camaro ZL1 Vette or Convertible Hemi Cuda. Just because they are so rare. The best car to hot rod would be a 32 Ford coupe. Just because they look so cool no matter if you rat rod them, high tech buid or something in between. Here is a picture of my current hot rods. An 85 S-10 and a 32 Ford Pickup.

Attached Files:

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    JAY-my dream macine..32 duece 5 winder...ohhh you are so right..........................but I have to say.......

ALL OF EM..LOVE EM ALL ......... THE 69 mustang with the bos.....THATS A MACHINE!

5. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    50 mercury, stock or chopped. :big_smile: :cool2:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    My favorite after seeing Phantasm would be the Hemi-Cuda with the Grand National a close second.

7. Catwagon

Catwagon New Member

State:
    Justin, TX
    I'd have to go with the fastest showroom car ever built, the Ford Thunderbolt. After that would be the Ford GT-40.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Not anymore there is now the Bugatti which will go 253 right out of the box. Its a sweet car.

9. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    32 ford coup/ or 67 GTO, both were great and kool cars

10. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Anything Chip Foose Designs :big_smile::big_smile::wink:.. That guy is a Master Artist and one of the best all time car designers ever imho....

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i collect chevelles so i am biased!! 64 malibu 70ss are my favs

12. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    For me,I'd love to have an AMX.Closest I came was a javelin with a straight 6,just wasn't the same:sad2:
    My B-I-L has 2 amx,ones a daily driver.

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
  14. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    man whats up with all the chevy guys lol?

15. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    My first ride was a 69 Chevelle SS 396. I pulled it out of a pasture and worked on it for over a year. I learned something however; a 17 year old kid does not need that much vehicle. Wished I had it today.

16. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    lol. You mean there are other muscle cars too? I never woulda thunk it lol.:smile2:

17. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I gotta go with the Chevelle's 69 SS is my favorite. The yenko nova are bad A$$

18. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I gotta agree the Chevelle 69 SS is a sweet car.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    There is a simple reason why the Chevelle section of the American muscle trader publications is the highest priced section in the book.

GM will go down in history for producing not just one or two muscle cars but muscle cars year after year with a choice to the consumer of which he would like to buy.
    GM didnt field one car, they had a stable of cars.
    From the goats to the 28's to the Chevelles to the Malibu's to the Vettes.

Pick your poison. GM was there and still is there in the manufactured muscle year after year.

Someday I'd like to own the vette that was put on the street well before its time. The ZR1. I remember these cars were stickered at 85,000. 25,000 of that sticker price was a limited production fee.
    It was a good 10-12 years before its time as it took GM 10-12 years to field a vette to top it.

I just dont have the money to buy or restore a Chevelle SS 396/375 with factory hood tie downs and side mount headers like dad used to have.
    he cried the day he sold it back in the early 70's.
    Today it would be worth a small fortune.

My dads brother owned a 64 GTO he bought new and managed to put 14,000 miles on before he garaged it on blocks.
    In 1997 he sold the car for 40,000. If he would have sold a few years sooner that car would have brought 50,000 no problem. It looked and ran like the day it rolled off the assembly line.
    The prices of these cars are falling due to the lack of demand.

The part of society that is so endeared to the old American muscle is steadly dying out. The kids today want rice burners.

The prices just aren't falling fast enough for my pocketbook.

20. reeftank

reeftank New Member

State:
    iowa bettendorf
    i had a 72 plymouth rr 440 and a 67 dart 440 i miss them if i can have any one ever made it be dodge super stock dart factory 426 hemi mopar is the only factory that made a full race car frome the factory all the rest hade it made out of factory like yenko shellbyand so on one like this http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/904522.html