Hot Rod scores!

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by kat in the hat, Apr 29, 2007.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Caught the 3 bluecats at Mark Twain Lake today. Not huge, but the biggest was 8#, and tons of fun. All 3 were caught on a light action ugly stick, and are my personal best for rod and reel. Bites were very light. Just barely moved the tip of the rod. Thank you BOC brother jga for putting me on the fish. He missed a few strikes netting my fish and taking photos.:sad2: Had my luck hat on today!LOL!!!

Attached Files:

2. TnShooter

TnShooter New Member

State:
    E. Tennessee
    Nice fish, Looks like you had a pretty good day.

3. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks. Pretty good for me anyways. I haven't caught too many blues on rod and reel, and was very excited to find them. Maybe next time I'll catch something bigger. Thanks BOC for helping me to learn the ways of the bluecat.

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey man it works, any fish can be a good fish. Bigger bait bigger fish. Good luck to ya.

5. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Something in a lake that I find interesting is fishing in wide open water. Normally I would try to fish some sort of structure. I have stumbled on to some bluecats fishing with trotlines, but Rod and Reeling for them is pretty foriegn to me. Setting up on a big mud bank with all that open water makes me think "Hmmmm, what's the chances of a fish just happening by to find my bait?" Seems like a shot in the dark if you don't know the topography of the bottom of the lake. We used no electronics, just got lucky I suppose. Very sporting fish, and that is way cool!!! In a river it seems a bit easier to figure out where they could be hiding. I would never be able to catch them with rod and reel without the knowlege I've picked up on in here. I plan to do more R&R, and if I get lucky enough to land a hog, I will CPR. I'm gonna go back this weekend, and plan to drift this area if the wind cooperates. I bet it will be alot more productive over the flats rather than being stationary.

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Matt those are some nice cats.

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    nice pics. looks like you had some fun.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the nice blues!!! Its good to see you getting your PB on R&R also. Thanks for sharing!!!

9. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Those are some pretty blues! Congrats on your PB! Now the catfish won't be the only ones that are hooked!