Hot off the presses! A new Epidemic....Skunk-itis

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by RIVER-RAT, Sep 22, 2007.

1. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    :0a34:

Yes my fellow Missouri brothers and sisters, it has infected ME!!

I paid a visit to my favorite stretch of the Mississippi yesterday afternoon and somewhere between my house and the boat ramp, I must have been expossed to the virus! I thought I had effectively vaccinated myself after coming down with skunk-itis earlier this spring. I have soon realized that the vaccination that I used was apparently only effective for approximately 6 months.

I started out the day catching bait, asains, goldeyes, shad and I even was lucking enough to catch a couple skips in the thrownet. I tried everything, all my usual productive holes, the deep holes in the channel, the shallows, the mid, the ledges, right behind the dykes, in front of the dykes, I was moving every 15-20 minutes and then I sat for longer... everything I tried had the exact same result...NOTHING

Time to get back to the Laboratory in search of another vaccination I guess,

I think the originator of this Epidemic should be quarantined until further notice! Not sure who it is, but I do believe that Gary is a prime suspect :wink:

As well as Cuz, Vince, Mike, Kutter, (even though he claims to be hibernating already), Darryl....the list goes on and on! Now if you would all be so kind as to isolate yourselves until we discover the new remedy, that would benefit the entire fishing community!:0a24:

Or not!

If anyone discovers the cure for this truely dismal illness, please, I beg thee to accomodate the rest of us....as I too am isolating myself to prevent the spreading of this dire and disastrous Stench that seems to be plaguing many of us here on the eastern side of the "Show Me" state!

Let us come together, gather our resources and overcome this epidemic before it becomes so widespread that we begin to infect our neighboring states! Once we have defeated this nemisis, we can all stand tall triumphantly, raise our proudly caught catfish high to the skies above us and rejoice!!

2. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Bill, I think Cuz might be behind the problem were having or at least we can blame it on the Cuzmister.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Cuz didnt get skunked last time out. :cool2: In fact, I put an absolute end to the white stripe down Gary's back as he had been infected with the plague for the last 20 outings.

There is a pretty good chance the Cuz craft will venture onto the Mississippi River tomorrow and see if there is truth to this plague that seems to be running so rampant amongst the brotherhood. I believe Mike and Ryan will be on the river as well trying to see if they have immunity to this so-called virus.

I'm really hoping to be on the river this Monday as rumor has it a Kutter-Cane is fast approaching. Me likes Kutter Cane fishing conditions. :wink:

Sorry for all the crappy luck guys. Geez. Whats goin on with these fish?

4. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I think this so called "epedimic" has finally moved it's way north. I actually caught fish my last time out, so that must explain it....It slowly moved it's way up river!!! I know where I am fishing tommorrow. Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy far south of you guys!!!! LMAO!!!:wink::big_smile::big_smile:

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm planning on running North in the am big Gary. I'm hoping we can get into Fountain Creek for bait. 0430 Sharp dude!!!!!! Leave the white stripe and nanners at home. :wink:

6. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Cool. No Naners here. I think Mr. Bill might just have inherited my old white stripe from the way it sounds!:wink: If all else fails, you might end up hearing me asking to go back to the docks...that way I can get some scuba gear. Then maybe I can find some fish. Lol!!:tounge_out:

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Hey Cuz, you better hurry up and get the wife's YouDoo chores done, so you can get that kitchen pass!:wink:

8. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I guess I got to close to Darryl and Bill last week at Alton. I just got stunk up 3 consecutive days in a row. Today it cost me some money in tuition.

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I swear it's Rats fault Bob. I have too much respect for my brittle, decrepit and fragile elders to do such a thing.:wink:

10. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    It definitely must be a 'Northern Issue.' The big river was mighty nice to me today. 2- 5's, an 8, 10, 20 & 46. All by noon.

It must be all these Jinx's you all have been throwing around up there :wink:

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Bob... where was the tourney today..

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I sure did Gary, I sure did, I only got 1 bite last night, and that was it!!

I can't believe it, I even took a buddy of mine out that has been asking to go, especially after I showed him some pics of my recent catches this year, I guess all my arogance finally blew up in my face :after_boom:

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Don't feel bad Bill. I have been taking a friend of mine out too. He probably has been with me maybe 6 or 7 times, including a trip to Alton, and not a bite. He probably thinks I'm crazy and don't know how to spell fish....let alone catch one!! Lol:smile2:

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Me thinks a little time with "the reverand" might be worth persuing as too see just how deep these fish might have come from. :wink:

Nice work Shane. See, the southern Missouri foke KNOW how to catch fish. These city slickers from the north are starting a new skunk exhibit at the St. Louis Zoo. I here Rat is applying for the new Curator position and Darryl will be his Vice President. The infamous OneCatfishBob has been voted in to the board of Directors. :big_smile:

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Cuz, I didn't even need to apply, I was appointed.:tire:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    NO worries Mr Rat, Sir. See, I can remember one Cuz sitting in the bottom of his rig with his weary head in his hands, wondering why he couldnt even buy a fish at the grocery store. We have ALL been there, thats why its sooooo much fun to laugh at someone else when it happens to them. :wink:

Just when you think you have enough of this fishin, when you least expect it, you'll slide that 60 pound fish over the side of the Gunnels and everything will be okay. You'll probably get to laugh at Cuz tomorrow.

Fishing Fortunes change in SECONDS.

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    We had a tourny at Alton yesterday. Out of 85 people qualified only 29 boats showed up. I guess there are a bunch of smart people. Anyway, 72 lbs won first place and second was 60 some pounds. There was a 5 fish limit. I was running up and down the river with a large white stripe down the entire boat and up and down my body right down the middle. Big fish was 40 lbs. I am just hoping that now that its over I can get back to catching fish.

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ohh ok... I know which one it was... So it only took 72 lbs to win the boat.. I knew I shoulda fished a couple of those this summer to qualify.. I'm saving the rest of my vacation for tourneys.. I'm not gonna waste it on rainy days anymore...

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    :0a34:Me and Cuz hooked up this morning at 4:30 AM for a morning of HARD fishing. Fished for 6hrs or so, and nothing.....So I then decide to show Cuz one of my best holes. When we get there, he catches his new PB. I can tell you this....My coffee scale wasn't up to par to get an accurate weight on this fish. The pic is below. For me, well, I pretty much got the golden skunk award again. The only thing I have to show for today is a nice burn on my thumb from some PowerPro after 50yds of drag being peeled off my reel and losing a fish.:angry:

Attached Files:

20. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cuz going to put that one in his avatar now?