Hot off the press!!! New Avets!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by dreamcatcher, Oct 2, 2006.

1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Women have their diamonds and men have...fishing gear! Avet has gone and done it again with a new fluorescent green offering. Some of you have heard of Avet, but for those who haven't they are...well they are pretty good reels. ROTFLOL. The one that is pictured here is an SX model that is sufficient for most catfish applications. I personally have the MXL versions, which I just happily found out helped put a hurting on a 220 pound blue shark at near lock down drag setting (with rod assistance of course LOL). If it sounds like I am an Avet fan...well, yes I like them a little bit.:smile2:

Standard colors for Avets are blue, silver, and gold. These photos will be posted soon on the distributor's website, but I was fortunate enough to have them sent to me while I was looking for a spinning reel. Disclaimer: You really don't need anymore fishing gear. I know you don't...:cool2:

Attached Files:

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    What kind of price range are those reels?

3. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Uh oh... it's green.
    And probably like green tractors... way out of my price range!
    LOL!
    _

4. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

The model in the photos is $175.00

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good Lord, I can buy a big fish for $175, LMAO.

6. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i think i will stick with abu reels and save the hundred bucks

7. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    LOL.. you are right about that! I've learned to be very careful about pointing any fingers at my wifes spending habits!:embarassed: LOL!!

One thing is clear. In a case like that I wouldn't want to be short on muscle or reel. I don't need one just yet, but when I go after the Illinois state record (hey, I can always dream, right?) I might need one of these.

Thanks Vic
    _

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Me too. I'd have to catch a LOT more fish a LOT more of the time to justify spending that kind of money on ONE reel. :tounge_out:

9. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Looks like someone stole the level wind off those reels. That should make them cheaper.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Other than the handle bein on the wrong side, nice cadillac! LOL!

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    think il stick with my abu 7000 you know the red (junk) ones from wal-mart . but that green machine looks good , no doubt a good reel . but at the right time i can buy 2 of my favorite (junk) reels for that kinda money .

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Y'all I'll take a blue one for Christmas! I need it in a large size and would like it dressed with a full spool of heavy duty line, some thing that cost a lot, this is no time to get cheep!:lol: :cool2: lmao

ps maybe you could throw in a St. Croix rod too!

13. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Now why would you call your reels junk? Didn't you just catch your personal best on the reels? If so, they aren't junk. Equipment only gets the junk label when they fail in the battle, and even then you have to examine the operator's headspace and timing to ensure if it was really mechanical failure or something the angler failed to do.

Personally, I view the price of fishing reels in the same way that I look at age; it is a number that I can view as an obstacle, or I can take it in stride. It's all how you wrap your mind around the purchase...:lol: I knew I should have taken the 1 away and just made it a cool $75. ROTFLOL!!!

14. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Vic,
    You must stop this immediately. Find a good therapist. You know I only have your best interests at heart. Do it now before it's too late...W:roll_eyes:

15. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Well, if most of us (including me) made our purchases based off of what we actually caught, and how much time we fished we would all be fishing with Zebco 202's!:lol: :roll_eyes: :lol: Pretty reels are for the fisherman anyway, not for the fish, which is why I made the correlation with diamond jewelry. Of course where the separation occurs is you actually have a chance of catching some food with the reel. :big_smile_2:

16. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

It's too late buddy...:smile2:

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    You kids play nice.:lol:

Man, I have had my eyes on AVET reels for a while, but when I saw Vic's when we fished after the National Gathering I started to really think hard about getting a couple. They just cost so much, but then again they are worth the money. If I get one it will probably be for Saltwater.

18. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Actually this thread was started with you in mind Zakk, because I know you and a few others like the Avets...:smile2:

19. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats it see others on the boc have put down the 7000 abu's from wal-mart but i personaly have had good luck with them and would put them up against any other reel on the market , (you dont fish as much as i do and not have faith in your gear ), my 7000's are tried and tested and have proven them selves over and over .

that statement right there , thats the one . why would you waste your hard earned money on a pretty reel .

vic send me $100. il buy you a abu 7000 and paint it green and trim it in gold if you would put your faith in it as i have , you keep pondering these questions of what is or is not the best on the market .

i new an old man years ago who could outfish any person on this site with a canepole and a burlap sack full of beer , but he new his equipment well .

its not the gear that makes the fisherman but the fisherman that makes the gear .

20. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    DOH! Sorry Vic, I didn't see this thread getting derailed like it did by asking the price range....

Looks like a Fine piece of equipment.. I had not heard of them and I appreciate ya sharing..