Hot news 34" in Alabama

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by puddle jumper, May 18, 2008.

1. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I just got this off another forum it been voted in that Bama has a 34" cat rule now...maybee Ga will follow...

Puddle,,,:smile2:

"
    Minner and I headed down to Eufaula last night to prep for today's final Alabama Conservation Advisory Board meeting for 2008. We have been attending since February pleading our case for regulations on catfish. We have compiled a large amount of information, details and the petition many of you signed, and made our final presentation in front of the board today.
    It was a success!
    The CAB voted unanimously to implement the following suggested regulation:
    • Illegal to possess more than one (1) Blue or Flathead Catfish over 34" per angler per day
    • Illegal to transport live (dead no issues) catfish across Alabama state lines
    At this point there is a 30-45 day "cooling" period where these regs could be taken to court. After that it will be implemented.
    We have won! This is a victory for the catfish and the sportsfishermen! This proves that the process and system can and will work, if the proper approach is taken.
    Thanks to ALL the members that signed our petition, you helped out BIG TIME!"

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I CAN NOT FIND ANYTHING ON THAT LAW LOOK ALL OVER THE NET DO NOT SEE ANYTHING. THE ONLY THING THAT HAS BEEN SIGN INTO LAW IS THE FISH AND GAME FINES HAVE GONE UP 500 TO 2000 % AND THAT'S IN TO DAYS PAPER

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well how will that effect the tournys if it is so , it will kill them

4. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Dinger,
    Im assuming it will be catch and release, Tn already has this law what do they do??
    puddle...