Hot day at L & D 12

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by CharlieD, Jul 10, 2009.

1. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    Went back to Ozark yesterday. They were cleaning debri from in front of the generator. Everything was shut down. They did open a couple of the gates a couple of times but just for a few minutes.. (Kind of strange the way they did it). Anyway We wwere able to anchor at the line and use the bait boat. The heat and humidity were way up there but the bite was pretty good. Catch goes like this 1-17 1-16 2-9's 1-8 1-7 2-6's plus 5 smaller eaters. Anna hooked a big one but from 120 yards she couldn't do anything but hang on. After about a 10 minute battle and a little to much drag, she broke off. Ya she beat me again with the 17. I got the sixteen so I don't feel to bad. Everything 6 Lbs and up was caught using the bait boat tight up in the gates on perch heads. They nailed em hard when they hit. left about 3:00, just coudn't take anymore heat.the 17 & 16 were released, The rest went to the freezer.

Attached Files:

2. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Thats what I'm talking about:smile2:Did you drop on the bottom or cork them
    alittle. Anyway Concrats on the catch and pics:big_smile:

3. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    On the bottom... 5 Oz. sinker and let her drop..

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    were they runing any water threw the dam or was it still.

5. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    They had everything shut down including the generator-(They were cleaning debri above the generator)and then about noon they opened 2 of the gates just a little and only for about 5 minutes. and they did it agin about 2:00 same thing.

6. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Charlie about 10 years ago the boy who helped me build my rc boat
    We would just run up to the concrete wall and drop the cork which
    then he used a quart quaker state oil bottle with a slip in it. !st time
    I went we caught 20 or so nothing under 20lbs had several 40 plus.
    all caught on buffalo. He does'nt get to fish much anymore because
    of health reasons. I may go this eveing at 13 and fish into the night
    if they close the gates Man told me yesterday they were running 5500
    through the gates I quess tulsa got a couple of inches . :big_smile: Anyway thanks for the report

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    No Regan the wind blew from the west on Kerr!!!:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2: Therefore those massive waves came straight over the gates...it's not the corps of engineers suffering from heat-stroke:eek:oooh::wink: & accidently turned on the gates:tounge_out: but since ya can throw a rock across 13 it dont take much to get the gates on.....puny generators:smile2:

8. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Congrats on the nice fish and thanks for pictures gives me hope down stream:smile2:

9. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well just got word Regan wants to run the RC boat this evening late & part of the night...were taking the "cub" my 20/72..probably be heading out around 630pm were either going to Ozark # 12 or barling # 13...personaly i hope it's 12....:cool2: Reports will follow:tounge_out: We aint been out at night in a while we will see how long it lasts..getting older Regan goes to bed at 7pm:smile2::tounge_out:

10. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well we went to #12 started fishing about 730-8pm...there were 30 boats :eek:oooh: 50 on the bank:tounge_out: 25 snagging at the generators:wink: we got a spot on the "line" & began...Regan ran some in the holes on bottom...no luck.....ran his patented "Big-cork" in the locks...no luck....ran my 4 hook drop mini beach ball up in there:eek:oooh: it got way-layed almost totally under...what a hit..That woke Regan up from one of his many mini-naps of the evening:smile2::wink: He had a little driving problems up in the lock one time he was banging & backing & circling i was thinking oh hell were gonna have to go get it out....but after i plugged in the 1.75 million candle watt brinkman & lit up his world he drove it right out..No fish though were losers:wink: we did pretty good stayed out till 1am:wink:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  11. CharlieD

CharlieD New Member

State:
    Lincoln,Ar
    Sorry to hear no fish--- Gotta use gill heads. on the bottm sure works for us at 12. I bet Regan is still sleeping.:angry:

12. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I also forgot to mention there was a really strong side current i mean strong one no way to keep your bait in the holes...They were generating strong last night...He is still in bed probably...were going again at # 13 this time..side current wont be near as strong:wink:

13. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Now that's some good fishing there. Congrats on some really nice catches.