Hot Chocolate

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Catgirl, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Sittin' here drinkin' some hot chocolate......boy, it's good. Haven't had any made this way in a long time, and it's about the simplest thing in the world. I've tried a lot of different hot cocoas; most every mix in the store, and all kinds of homemade ones. I still think this tastes the best - just like my mama made.

Canned evaporated milk, diluted as instructed on can (regular vitamin D, gotta go with the fat here - the 2% and skim evaporated will NOT taste the same)

Nestle Nesquik Chocolate Flavor (regular or sugar-free)

For each good-sized mug of milk, you will need to add about 3 Tbsps. of Nesquik (or to taste). Add it before heating the milk, which can be done on the stovetop or in the microwave, and whisk/stir well to dissolve. I only make one mug at a time, takes approximately 2 minutes to get to the right temperature in my microwave. If you're making enough for multiple mugs, you're on your own as far as the microwaving goes. On the stovetop, heat over medium-low until it just reaches the scalding point, stirring occasionally; pour into mug(s) and enjoy!

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The part I like is when you forget and the hot chocolate boils over in the microwave!!!!!:big_smile::smile2:Hard to get your head in there to lick it up particularly if its an over the stove model!!!!!!:tounge_out:To improve your recipe NOT that it needs improving Princess I add 1 once of Baileys Irish Cream which provides me the one ounce of alcohol recommended by the Harvard Med School.For anyone over 40 you may add additional onces as needed because the alcohol will have to force itself through hardened ,clogged arteries and some will be lost in the process!!!:big_smile::smile2:Nothing better on a cold winters night and I have even made it on the boat minus the Baileys of course.:wink:

3. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Tanya you have made me want some hot chocolate....Im gunna have to go make some now!:wink:

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yep...me too. I'm headed for the stove top now. Hot chocolate sounds real good right now.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds good but I got to have marshmallows in mine.:big_smile:

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well my darlin' brother, nobody said you couldn't have your marshmallows and eat 'em too. My mom and sis both like it with marshmallows, but if I'm gonna put somethin' extra in mine - it would probably be whipped cream. Otherwise I'm a plain Jane far as hot chocolate goes.....oh wait, Jim's idea ain't half bad :wink:.

You know what's good with hot chocolate? Y'all are gonna think I'm weird, but PRETZELS. Makes a good combination IMO. :eek:oooh:

7. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    If you're using a microwave, I'd advise heating the milk before adding the mix; every time I've tried heating with mix, I get a geyser.

-- Rich

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am gonna have to try it this weekend. Thanks :big_smile:

9. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Jim, I aint quite 40 yet, do I have to stop at 1oz.???:smile2:

Too much more Baileys and ya aint got room for the hot chocolate!:crazy:

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Aw, salt and sugar go together.:wink: I prefer my pretzels with a cold beer though.