Hot channel catfish action!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by liveforcattin08, Jul 27, 2006.

1. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    the gmr was awsome this evening! really killed the channels. figured out a great high water pattern. i fished around downtown dayton and was using cut shad.

2. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Congrats on your awesome evening brother!

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it sure was a good evening. Nightprowler and i went this evening (7-11 pm), first spot we went to we caught about 8 straight off the bat and then decided to move and try some spots for flatheads thinking they were slammin too. well, after 3 moves we ended back right where we were catching channels. we ended up with about 20-25 fish, biggest was 9lb. we would have caught more but i missed a lot because i was missing bites trying make Nightprowler a movie star with my camcorder:big_smile:. we had to fish in heavy current, anywhere there was slack water we got turtles peckin at our baits, caught 1 softshell.

Attached Files:

• 9lb.gif
      9lb.gif
      File size:
      68.9 KB
      Views:
  4. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WOW! A picture of you with a Catfish. The bite is on, sounds like a great evening.

5. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Congrats , sounds like a great time .
    Brian

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish guys, I am hoping to find a few today somehow. May have to go to Kroger to get em but I will get some. LMAO

7. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Tea let me know if you want company. Had a rough one last night, had 3 solid takes on shad but I just have to get bigger hooks man.....that is the problem. It wasn't the circles I just have to get big if I am gonna fish big bait. Hope to hear from u

8. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    way to go brother nice catch

9. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Way to go Larry ! Our humidity here has been so high we should be able to catch some out of the air ! Of course this is normal for us this time of the year.

10. liveforcattin08

State:
    ohio
    i was in north carolina last week and it was very very humid! dink were you fishing south of dayton? i fished right through downtown for the first time in a long time.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Congrats on the catch.

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah i was a ways south of town. lots of folks dont know it but there is some excellent channel fishing downtown. only problem is keeping the "local regulars" from seeing you catch fish, they have ruined the smallie fishing down there, they keep everything of any size they catch:angry: and if they see you catch something they get upset when you refuse to give them your fish and throw them back. freaking idiots, rape, pillage, and plunder........

13. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    Nice fish bro! The fish were all in strong current ! Maybe thats why im not hitting the big ones lately

14. liveforcattin08

State:
    ohio
    your sure are right about the local downtown people. i caught a smallie one time that was about 8 in. and the guy was trying to take the fish out of my hands when i told him i was throwing it back. i saw one guy with a stringer of about 8 smallmouths that were from 5 to 9 in plus he had a bunch of tiny bluegills on the stinger. the smallmouth fishery has gone down the drain, i used to catch several smallies over 20'' a year around downtown. i havent caught one like that for about two years. about a week ago i saw a guy catch a couple channels and throw them back, i think that was the first time i have ever seen anyone let something go around there in my life. i would never eat anything from that river.

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey guys thats great glad to hear you guys are catching fish this surgery thing is killing me as soon as both of my arms heal im going fishing for sure