Hot cats in the COLD

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by okiemike, Feb 8, 2008.

1. okiemike

okiemike New Member

State:
    Haskell, Oklahoma
    Hey fellas, see that this weekend is going to be nice weatherwise. Wondering if any of you had any insight into where I might meet up with some blues this weekend. Want to hook up a couple for the kids and myself. I usually will fish from Lock and Dam 16 on the Arkansas all the way up to Chouteu Bend above Ft. Gibson. I live only 15 miles north of Lake Eufala (above Checotah), but I don't know that lake at all. The Wildlife Newsletter is indicating blues are in the 20-30ft area of most lakes. I will be bank fishing so I need to be able to reach deep water from shore. Appreciate any assistance any of you can give me.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike Welcome to the BOC. Wishing you luck on your fishing trip.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome from missouri. Sorry but i'm not familiar with the area your going to. Good luck, it's suppose to be nice this weekend.

4. Stoneman187

Stoneman187 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We expect to catch some Blues, we almost always do there. I don't know the live bait situation there now so will bring some frozen bait. We expect to get there by about 10 am, we fish on the south side over the wall. :wink:

5. okiemike

okiemike New Member

State:
    Haskell, Oklahoma
    Stoneman I appreciate the info. I've fished on the lake side of the dam but never on the river side. My experience at Eufaula is very limited even though its the closest lake to me. I'm going to give it a try.
    Mike.

6. garzaglass

garzaglass New Member

State:
    OK
    sounds good i will too.

7. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Welcome to the BOC.

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC hope ya enjoy the site let us know how you do.