Hot catfish lakes in Texas - Suggestions anyone?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bluesbro, Mar 1, 2006.

1. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    Spring break begins for me on March 13th. Choke Canyon is out due to the water situation at Calliham Park. Looking for a lake that is beginning to produce some good catches of bluecat. Can someone suggest a lake for me to try during the first part of the week? Driving is not a problem, it's 282 miles from my driveway to the launch ramp at Calliham park. Want a place to camp and take a shower. Considering Richland Chambers, Tawakoni, Lake Corpus Christi and Texoma. How are these lakes doing?

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Tawakoni is kickin' good but it's a booger to get a boat in right now.9ft low........ If ya fish from a small jon boat no prob. then.
    Texoma should be starting to heat up on the Blues by now. Ask Aquacat he should know. I think the water level there is not bad at all.
    Maybe ya can go to Lake Fork, it's only about 30 miles (I think, maybe less) from Tawakoni. Fork has some great cats there and ya can do some Bass fishin' too. It's around 4ft. low but still very fishable.

3. sbursik

sbursik New Member

State:
    McKinney Texas
    Its a lesser known lake but Lake Lavon is HOT right now. It have up several 50's and a 67 in the last couple of weeks. Drifting in deeper water and shallow are doing good.

Scott

4. NechesBobcat

NechesBobcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Check out Lake Limestone. We have a place up there. I've never put in a good 3 days of fishing without catching atleast one over 40 pounds. In my opinion, it is the best catfish lake in Texas.

5. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    Ready to go. Will consider these lakes and check out camping areas.

6. oldman

oldman New Member

Going To Choke Next Weekend. Gonna Jug And Trotline. Catch Bait All This Week Out Of The Pond. Oldman

7. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    By the way where are you staying?

8. oldman

oldman New Member

i live west of poteet about 3.5 miles. oldman

9. oldman

oldman New Member

I Live 3.5 Miles West Of Poteet. Oldman

10. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    Oldman I was wondering if this guy was still around somewhere that used to fish choke nearly every day. He had a carolina skiff with a 50 hp yamaha motor and drove an old black toyota truck. Name was Mike F.
    He taught me how to jug fish. I don't guess I've seen him in 10 years or so. Had a heart of gold and loved to fish south shore flats and up above 99 bridge.