Hot and windy

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by catfishingRon, Aug 2, 2006.

1. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Well I got out today and it was hot!!!! The heat wasn't so bad that I couldn't stand it but the wind really upset me. I had a hard time anchoring. I guess that was my fought, I lost another anchor to the river a while back and still havent purchased another one yet. It was my third anchor in the last 3 yrs...

Anyway, I did catch 9 channel cat and 1 sheephead. 4 cats were about 1-1.5lbs and the other 5 were between 3 and 6lbs. As for the sheephead, who cares. I was using cut bait and only using the guts no heads or tails.

I also have to say that I am seeing alot more asian carps in the Ottawa pool lately. actually, I like to trim up my motor and make a big wake and watch them jump. Last week I took a guy from CA. out fishing and he couldnt believe what he saw. I sure wish I could bring out a shot gun and do some practice shooting on the carp, it would help get me ready hunting season.:roll_eyes:

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    LOL It would be hilarious if you were aloud to shoot the asian carp with the ole 12 gauge. i know I'd try it if It was legal. Glad to here you caught some fish. I havent been on the river in a while, but I will sunday.

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I hope this weekend is better than last weekend... Heat got to me last weekend... Seems like all I can catch this year is gar...

4. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    You Want To Go Fishing Harold On Saturday Night.back To The Thread I Fished All Day And Made A Couple Of Families Happy Catching Drum And Cat Form The Bank.hickssh Pm Me If You Want To Go .i Know A Place To Go With Where We Won't Catch Gar.

5. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    I'm going to try in the morning to see what I can catch .I'll give you all areport in the evening.