Hostage rest comments.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by ozzy, Sep 30, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    My bow came with a hostage rest. What your opinions on them, good , bad or indifferent.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Ozzy! Is this the Octane Pro Capture Rest made by Diamond? I've read mixed reviews on this rest. Concerning torn bristles and arrows vanes-to it's a great rest for what it does and its' accuracy compared to the whisker biscuit. Check out Cabela's website and find the bow rests and reviews on them. Quite interesting. Myself, archery is alot of trial and error. There is so much stuff available on the market that we as archers need to find and ask questions about what what works the best. If you like it and it offers good accuracy, then stick with it. I've gone through many styles of rests to. Some I liked and some were plain trash.

I'm sending you a link on the rest and the review and comments on this style of rest.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thats it. I must have the basic model by hostage. I can already see an upgrade. Thanks.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ozzy, keep in mind what you are going to do with the bow. Some rests are great for an archery range, but really suck in the woods. If your main goal is hunting, keep it as simple as possible. Generally, the more delicate it is, and the more moving parts it has, the more trouble you will have with it in the field.

5. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey Ozzy, I learned how to shoot using a tm hunter style rest and i liked it and did shoot my first two deer with it on my bow. Then when i bought my mathews i went with a whisker biscut, i know a lot of the guys on here bash there accuracy and such. I have used one for four years now no problems at all, except they cause about a 2 or 3 fps drop in arrow speed. I say look at how youll be hunting i hunt 99% off the ground and do some stalking, this is the reason i switched to the whisker biscut i dont have to worry about putting a finger on the arrow to keep it from clinking around i just nock up and hunt with no worries about where my arrow will be or noise caused by my arrow flopping around, I draw and shoot. Plain and simple Well with whatever kind of rest you choose i hope you have the luck with it that ive had shooting a bow and hunting with a bow KEEP IT UP AND YOU WILL FIND WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE YOU SHOOT GREAT HOPE ONE DAY YOUR AS GOOD AS HOWARD HILL OR FRED BEAR

6. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    i shoot a whisker biscut also and the accuracy is good only if you can train yourself to hold your bow up after the shot,any slight movement during or right after the shot will throw your arrow off.don't get me wrong the whisker biscut is a darn good rest for hunting IMO.this year alone i have gotten 4 robinhoods shooting a whisker biskut but i'm pretty sure after season is over i'm going to a drop away it is supposed to have unmatched accuracy because your arrow doesn't come in contact with the rest when released.

7. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    I also use a whisker biscuit. Works well for me and my needs. The only thing I can add to this is that you need to use what works best for you with that bow..Nobody else.