Hospital rates & insurance

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Scott Daw, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    well I got one of those "this is not a bill" thingys from my capital blue cross insurance. my daughter was delivered by c-section she also had an epidural for the pain. I seriously am glad that I have insurance. I dont want to be with out it. we have each other on the others health insurance incase something would happen to the other. the others insurance helps pay what the others wont. Here is some of the charges on the this isnt a bill invoice I got. Ever think hospital rates are inflated for the insurance companies to pay?

5/6-5/10 drg pricing total charge $17984.32
    5/6-5/10 room & board semi private 2 bed total charge $5004.00
    5/6-5/10 labor room & delivery $9445.89

2. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Scott on Oct 4 my wife has to go into the hospital for the forth time this year.They are gonna do the same thing to(cemo +) her they did last time and she was in there 54 days then. I disabled off the job and have medicare but her insurence went with the job so she has none.There is one drug that they give her by IV that cost $52,000.00 for three small bags and they have given her at least 12 bags of it.I don't try to keep up with it because there is no way that I will ever be able to pay for it with my SS check but I would bet that her med bills over the last 3 1/2 years have run way over 500 k.