Horseshoe

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tom911, May 25, 2008.

1. tom911

tom911 New Member

State:
    az
    Has anyone fished Horseshoe below the dam lateley? I was thinking of trying for some flattys, but not sure if its worth the drive?

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    First off Welcome to the BOC, Tom.
    Next, I don't know anything about that lake but you can come join the rest of us that will be fishing the horseshoe lakes and the river at Blythe, Ca June 6, 7 & 8.

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Welcome to the BOC!!! You will find all the info you need on this site. ENJOY

4. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Just got back from a glorious weekend at Bartlett. 4lb channel was about the only fish to speak of, but we had a great campsite up river, and well it sure beat about anything else I would be doing!! I did rig up a couple big rigs both sat & sun nite with live blue gills, but unfortunately my story of my first flattie will have to wait for another day. We fished pretty hard all weekend, and didn't have much luck at all.

5. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    Welcome to the BOC Tom.
    Years ago I used to fish the river quite a bit did pretty good on small channels never had much luck on flats.
    A few years ago I was shown some pictures of 29 flathead ranging in size from 15-45lbs. caught from the spillway below Horseshoe and they kept them ALL? In the pictures the fish were laid out in this guys front yard.
    I have no idea why anyone would keep so many fish.
    Good luck if you go. There might not be any fish left.

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    theres lots of them left now. good luck fishing for them.
    gary

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I bet that same spot will produce next weekend.. I gotta think that cold front shut the fish down last weekend...

* Good luck to you next time!
    ~A

8. fishinpolak

fishinpolak New Member

State:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Iv fished below that spillway a couple of times but couldnt pull a flatty out. Only caught a few small channels and bass outa there. One time saw a guy catch a 1 little flatty but thats it. Good luck lemme know how it goes!

9. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    What a jack@ass.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

10. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    [ Lurch voice] YOU RANG........? :smile2: