Horrible Weather In St. Louis/illinois

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 12, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    It's been pretty terrible here in the O'FALLON / BELLEVILLE ILLINOIS area, along with St. Louis. I've heard some tornado's have hit already----the weather has gotten all the way up I see to Mt. Vernon and the surrounding areas. Hope and pray that everyone is O.K. , love to talk about fishing and such but nothing like having your life swept away in one night by a tornado.

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Looks like it avoided the KC area-radar now is showing you guys getting hammered again

3. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Heres' hoping that all of you fare well with no losses. Tornadoes are scarey things to go through.Did it once and hope to never have to do it again.

BILL

4. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Sirens went off a few times here in O'fallon Illinois but far as I know didn't get any tornado. I know there was a place either in St. Louis way or up North Illinois where they got a Tornado and then before everything was clear another one was headed to the same place. Lived in Wichita Falls TX. for 10 years----Tornado Alley----Never saw a Tornado Thank God.

5. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    been lucky here, nothin but rain. and lots of it. looks like more on the way all week.

6. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    We had lots of rain and lots of hail last nite. No tornado luckly. Nokomis IL here. Creek are all out of banks. This will raise the level of the rivers and lakes.

7. cook

cook New Member

State:
    WOW-the front just passed thru about 20 minutes ago.% mins of straight line winds,heavy rain,some hail,lot of flash/bang

Nice out now but more on the way

8. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Just on the news-2 killed in south Missouri-1/2 hour ago...St.Marys...not sure where it is

9. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I got lucky on weather.. went down to the chain o rocks yesterday with the wife and fished all day .. nice weather.. then went back last nite with the boy.. we sat there on the bank and watched storms go north of us and south of us, till about 9 pm.. then it started raining on us... Got back home before it cut loose... You'd think they woulda been biting like crazy in that weather, but we didn't even get a bite..:crying:

10. catfishcrazee

catfishcrazee Member

State:
    illinois
    the miss river has really been raising the last couple of days.

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    yes it has and temps are droppin... almost too high to fish at the chain o rocks now:crying:

12. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I live right by chain of rocks. The road going to the low water damn is closed at the old chain of rocks bridge but you can still walk down there . It will be closed for road repairs 15,16 17,. I live 3 miles from there. Next time any of you come don let me know.

13. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I live in O'fallon and work in Granite City at the Hospital, while doing a X-RAY yesterday the individual mentioned that the chain of rocks was a good catfish place--but watch out for the rocks below. I haven't really done any fishing for around 1 1/2 yrs. need to do some, can't for a couple of weeks do to prior engagements but I'd love to fish with some of you all. Don't know where much is around the area, lived in Vandalia and Salem as a child but I've been away from home ever since 1980.

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Havraad and Patrick... Let me know the 1st warm weekend you guys want to meet and go down to the chain..of..rocks and do some fishin.. I haven't been able to get a boat yet, so i'm fishing there till I can get one.. But I don't do cold weather... My last trip down there I didn't do any good... but it was probably still too early to fish the rapids.. And yes you do loose some tackle there..:crying:

15. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    That sounds like a terrific idea, I've always wanted to meet some of you all and fish with ya since I've been a part of this site. Already have had contact with a few other people who I may go fishing with this year, I feel this will be a great year.