horrible night

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by kathunter_64, Jul 29, 2008.

1. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    got my mom to drive me down the the bridge so i could camp out and try out some of the new stuff ive learned. got down there at around seven to catch bait. couldnt catch a single bluegill. nbo big deal, just figured they wernt bitten. so i got out my cast net that i brought to catch shad. figured id give it a try for some gills. threw it about 3 times and caught 3 that were about 1/2 inch. so i was pretty mad about that. i went for my 4th throw and was hung on a rock. it was too deep to try to get in and get it out so i had to try to pull it loose. and u can guess what happend..ripped about a 4ft hole in it..

so there i was, no bait, and a ripped throw net, no cell signal, and no way home..

so i packed up all my gear and walked home 2 miles up hill all the way..

makes me want to not go fishin for a while :sad2:

2. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Boy that does suck. Fishing is supposed to be relaxing,but it gets hard when things start to go wrong.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You can't give up on fishing brother, I have many horrible stories that I could tell!

4. ATTICUS_BUDDY

ATTICUS_BUDDY New Member

State:
    mn originally now NC
    i went out last night took 45 minutes too find shad and bluegill and then i sat all night and only hit a ton of gar just as i was packing up to go. in witch i leave my big flattie rig out till everything is put up the rod bent over backwards pulled about 50yds of line once i got to it set the hook and pulled out a 25 pound flattie. started like shit turned out great

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Seems to be some bad luck going around lately, especially with regard to baitfish. Keep plugging away, the fishing gods will reward you for your troubles.

6. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Bad luck will change to good luck before you know it...:big_smile:
    If you throw a cast net it WILL get hung up...bummer:confused2:
    mikeb

7. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hang in there buddy and please dont give up because tomorrow is a new day, who knows this may be a prelude to catching a real hog:wink:

8. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    haha yeah guys i didnt let it get me down too bad. sorry i didnt reply to anybody sooner, my computer has been down.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    josh thats why most of us old guys carry 2 cast nets.

10. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    with my luck i should carry atlast 4 lol