Horrible day

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by foodsaver, Aug 12, 2008.

1. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    caught a few little catfish on the james below richmond. I now understand why everyone said go to the bay!!! Being cheap I didn't want to get a saltwater license but I guess it would have been worth it. I did catch a bunch of baby stripers in the Cast net which was a little odd and a few pretty good bass.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hope you have better luck in the future

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've been skunked the last few trips. Its better in the fall for the big cats.

4. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yeah, we haven't had much success past few times either, got lucky a couple of times, I think they were just flukes though.:confused2:

5. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Took the afternoon off from work to go get skunked on the james.....
    people who have good productive trips and areas to fish are lucky, it takes me 10 bad ones before a half good one.

6. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That's what you get for leavin' home! :big_smile:

But you know... a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work! :smile2:

7. foodsaver

foodsaver New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We went out today and absolutely waxed the flatheads so it wasn't all bad. Once I get home and get my pictures off of the digital camera I will post a report. Richard you are right though for the summer time blue catfishing you can't beat good old Chattanooga TN. The fish I complain about being little would have been very welcome the other day!

8. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Can't wait to hear the details!