Hopkinsville Bound!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by WylieCat, Nov 19, 2009.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I am bound for Hopkinsville tomorrow morning for a weekend of deer hunting!

Western Kentucky is an awesome place, and I could not resist the opportunity to come out there and see if I can connect on a monster.

I will take my laptop, and will check in from the hotel each evening to let you know if I tag one!

:big_smile:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Good luck man the monsters a crafty individuals.:wink:

3. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good luck ! You will find the woods thicker than ever ! I will miss meeting up w/you again this year I am hunting close to home this weekend so won't be in the area . Be safe !

4. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I am back home already. :eek:oooh:

The new avatar says it all. :big_smile:

I shot him yesterday morning about 8:10am. 11 scorbale points, and a nice
    6" split on the one of the G2's. Grossed around 145", weighed about 165, and the jawbone revealed it was only 3 1/2 years-old.

I saw a buck that was around 160" Friday evening, but it was chasing does about 200 yards through the woodlot and never stopped and never came any closer. I had a mainframe 10 pointer Friday evening that I passed on that would gross about the same as the buck I shot. There were also several 2 1/2 year-old eights that I saw Friday and Saturday morning.

You guys have a treasure in your deer herd in KY. Congrats on some fine management.

5. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    Congratulations on the nice buck , looks like you had a good time.I hunt one county over in trigg.I have never seen so manny bucks as I have this year.I only seen one trophy though and he was running a doe full throttle , no shot.lol
    I have only seen two mature does this year , usually we have the woods full of them.

6. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Dennis, I was a few miles from Trigg County. As a matter of fact the river I was on forms a border between the counties at some point on what I think was Newstead Rd.

7. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    yeah newstead road is highway 164 , where it runs into 139 is close to where my farm is.It also runs into roaring springs and close to the army base as you go south.

8. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    You must be near the drop zone! :smile2:

You got some beautiful country there Dennis. I will dream about that countryside til next season.

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats !

10. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Congrats on a nice deer Dieter.:wink:We grow'em gook in Ky.