Hoping this helps someone

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfisherman_eky3, Apr 26, 2008.

1. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey guys I figure I would post this for all who dont know about me and just tell you a little bit of what I have went through in my life and hoping it helps someone else, Well when i was 20 I was diagnosed with Congested Heart Failure, and Cardiomothophy, and when i was about 22 I was sent to Cleveland to be put on a heart transplant list these last couple of years, I have had all kinds of sickness, but im going to share this story with you all, because I feel like this could help someone.

Last year I was in the hospital and my doctor was out of town, I ended up spending about a week in the hospital and my docs assistant every single day would come in there, and listen to my heart and say its still working and walk out well on a tuesday night i got so bad that the respitory nurses had to come in my room and work on me, and they called my family and friends in to the hospital room to say there last good byes well by some luck my doctor came in the next day and listened to me and took me to surgery I had almost a 1000 C.C drained from my heart, and they said they left it on there another day I would have been dead. One thing that I have learned from this whole experience is be thankful every day we are alive.

I figured I would share this story with you all because you may be having some health trouble, or down and out, dont give up, stay strong and stay in there, I hope this helps someone out, and if i can do anything for anyone just let me know and I will try my best to help you out. Thanks for taking the time and reading this.

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Matthew, can understand what you are saying. i'm a cancer surviver myself. i can remember the chemo treatments very well. mine was once a week for 4 months i believe. pluse radiation 5 days a week for same time. i was lucky and survived and now am in third year of being clean of it. but there was this girl there about 15 yrs old going through it. remember her clearly. she was chinese, and scared stiff. wouldn't talk to anyone there, got sicker than a dog getting chemo.
    let me regress a little. my treat took six hrs each time. started with IV bag of stuff like benadril. this would knock me out for most of the time there.
    i talked to the young girl one day cause no one else would. (believe me, all others there were friendly and supportive too) got her confidence. i'd fall asleep holding her hand, and wake up still having it gripped in her hand. i'd stay there until her treatment was done. asked her why she wouldn't let go once. her words were, cause "i won't give up and neither will you"!!!!!
    i checked with her mom last yr and got the sad news that she had passed away from it. her mom told me she tried to find me but i'd moved out of state. the young girl had tried to hold on long enough cause she said she needed to hold my hand one more time. that my friend, is never giving up. she lasted a yr longer than drs believed.
    i agree, NEVER give up.
    WOW, i usually don't talk about that part of my life. but you my fishing brother, keep the faith, and NEVER give up. i'd hold your hand if lived close enough and hang what people think. (i'm straight and got 12 grandkids now) (little humor) praying for your health.
    gary

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gary thank you for sharing your story with me, im glad to hear that you beet the cancer, and I will continue to pray for you too, that you have many many more years, completely cancer free, you have a great story to tell and im sure it will touch many peoples lifes and hearts.