hopewell

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by crawford1, Dec 27, 2009.

1. crawford1

crawford1 Member

State:
    west virginia
    Just wondering if there were any places to stay close by the boat ramp that you didn't have to worry about your your boat in the parking lot? Thanks for any info!

2. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    There are some hotels off rt 36 and 295, and also some off rt 10 in chester. Both are about 10 mins. away. As for the safty of your gear can't say anything about that. Thats why I don't stay over night anywhere with my boat. I can see someone taking a AX to my dash and taking my 1197. If you need to know the name of one I will be glad to check when I am in the area. I would offer to let you leave you boat here but I am about 45 mins from hopewell.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Hopewell isn't the best of towns IMO. Still cracks me up, I once read a review on a hotel in Hopewell and the guy said one of the positives of the place is that there is a hospital next door in case you get shot.:smile2:

I'd recommend Chester, which is just down the road. I've stayed there plenty of times and just took my gear and electronics inside with me and never had any issues.

There is also Neil Renouf's place. You'd be sleeping 20ft from your boat so you could hear anything happening. I stored my boat there all last winter and nothing ever happened to it.

4. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Istayed at neils back in february an no problam just took gear inside.an neil is a very good host will be at his place frist week of march cant wait.

5. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC
  6. crawford1

crawford1 Member

State:
    west virginia
    thanks for your help much appreciated

7. mikeozo

mikeozo New Member

State:
    PA
    Ive stayed at neils...nice place, kinda in the country but close to jordan point. really a tough deal to beat.

i stayed in chester last time just for the convenience of having restaurants/bars/stores very close by. we stayed at the place across from hooters and it was really nice. Country inn suites...Only bout 65 to 70 a night.

Neils place is probably 10 minutes to jordan point where as chester is bout 18-20 minutes.

8. mikeozo

mikeozo New Member

State:
    PA
    btw, stay out of hopewell...i have heard nothing but bad things...you do have to travel through their to get to Chester...just go through and wait to get supplies or dinner in chester.