Hopewell this weekend

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by wbtfish, Aug 29, 2008.

1. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Headed to the James Saturday. gonna put in at Jordan Point and go down towards Sturgeon and maybe Chippokes. Anybody been fishing down that way recently? It's gonna be a new venture for me. I have only been down past Flowerdew about half a mile.

2. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Be careful out there. With Hannah coming up the coast it might get alittle tricky. Be safe

3. BROWNING7MMMAG

BROWNING7MMMAG New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    GOOD LUCK ME PERSONALY I WOULD GO TWARDS DUTCH GAP

4. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That was last weekend, we caught a 34 and a 42 down at sturgeon point. Could have caught fish like that a lot closer, but it was fun. I'll do some more exploring down there soon. There was a 4.5 foot black snake stretched out on one of my rods in the holder. It was dark and I noticed that my rod looked a little funny, so I shined the flashlight on it and it was a snake. I flopped it off in the water. It must have crawled the anchor rope. I have heard of such events before. I don't do drugs, but that kept me awake better than crank would.

5. 66TBONE

66TBONE New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Wow that was an experience eh? I had a water snake try to climb in over the side of a jon boat once. I had to fend him off with a paddle:crazy:yikes!!! Are you sure that wasn't a water moccason! iI think black snakes are land lovers. anyway i dont want any snakes in my boat lol!!:smile2:

6. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Snakes on a plane, sounds better than snakes in my boat.