hopes for jr now is top 25?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Aug 6, 2009.

will jr stay inside the top 25

1. yes he will stay inside the top 25

2. no he'll continue to drop outside the top 25

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well we all me included thought jr would be winning alot in a hendrick car. but those calls were way off as he continues to struggle for a top 20 finish week to week. looks as if now he'll be struggeling to stay in the top 25. next year he may not even be able to make all the races with provisionals.:embarassed:

so has the conspiricies came out of the bag yet. maybe hendrick is trying to eliminate the compition be givving him bad cars. an earnhardt isnt supposed to be racing along with a gordon. so maybe old rick is doing it on pourpose lol.

well what do ya think. will he hang on to the top 25 of continue to fall like a rock?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    This will piss some people off but I think it is what it is. He is a mediocre driver with a mediocre team and he is having a mediocre season even though he has the best stuff on the track. Kyle Busch did well being the last driver for Hendrick so why can't Junior. Hendrick would never slack on the equipment he gave Junior because he has to keep him happy. It doesn't matter if he is 25th in the points, the man is a money making machine and anybody would want him with their team. Just my opinion, I don't want to make Junior nation too upset.

3. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Actually I'm a jr fan mainly cause of his daddy. I thought his daddy was the best driver I ever saw. It appears and it's hard to say it, that jr isn't as talented as his pop and may just be middle of the road. I keep hoping but it just doesn't seem to be in the cards. Your right though, he's a money maker and probably the most popular driver in NASCAR.

:cool2:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I like jr. but as a driver he doesnt have what made his Dad great. jr. can drive and he can drive good but sr. was able to put his car where no one else could and that would be in front no matter what. If you saw the intimadator in your rearview you better be moving cause he would spin you to get to the front. Now with todays NASCAR would sr. be able to do what he did when he was driving Im not sure he could I know that will piss off alot of people LOL.

Sr. would be fined so much by the officials for spinning someone out or rubben too much LOL. Kyle is more like Sr as a driver than jr is and its showing.

5. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I like Jr, and not cause I liked his dad (which I did!)... Watching him mature SOME in the Busch series winning back to back championships, coming in to Winston Cup and winning at Texas. I thought it was pretty awesome, that and the special paint schemes he has had over the years... Right down to him winning at Daytona so early in his career compared to how long it took his dad to win there!

I really dont think he is the caliber of driver like his dad, or any of the other big name guys in the sport. IMHO right now the greatest driver in NASCAR is Tony Stewart, he is the most versatile, compatible, has the knowledge, to drive a car, of any type, and get the job done. We need to start another thread to cover the wider spectrum of ALL drivers....

Side Note:

I was a huge fan of his father, I had almost every car he ever drove in collectibles, I had all the knick knacks, I collected everything Dale Earnhardt! I was a huge fan growing up as a kid, the first time I remember watching him race was in the early 80's.... The kewlest memory of interaction in person was back when they was coming to Indy for the first time to test tires for Goodyear, I rode my bike after school to the track and watched, all the drivers were walking back thru the garage area, and they was signing by the fence as they walked. I had nothing to get signed, so I rode my bike to the gift shop and asked for some scrap paper to get autographs, well I got the autograph after I rode back over there. If you flip over the autograph on the backside of the paper it says Memo: To All Employees, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedways name on the paper/letterhead.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Just got one thing to say an I'll try to say it with grace.

Jr has too many problems trying to explain to pit crew whats wrong with his car. Always has an always will. Driving he can do but explaining problems has always failed him. When losing or stuggling always blame an owner or crew chief never the driver. Next solution would be let him off the contract an watch the same things happen again.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Ever noticed since the C.O.T. arrived in Sprint Cup, that Jr hasnt done so well. He doesnt have the feel of the car yet. Bet if he was to race 28 Nationwide races in a season, he would be in the top 5 in points of that series. And also would give him more confidence in the C.O.T., being able to distinguish the difference in the 2 cars.

8. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    JR is a nice guy and of course the most popular but he's a mediocre driver even with the best of equipment. You know Hendricks is giving him the best stuff he's ever driven, hope anyways.
    I'd just be your own man JR, don't try to live up to daddy's rep (of which I wasn't a fan) and just try your best.
    It's all you can do!

Deano

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    He will make the top 25 is about all it's worth.

10. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    ok i was also a dale sr fand and now a jr so why are we all camparing him to his dad look at when dad raced rules was way different back then to today rules of nascar we all had to see superman of nascar get killed before changes was done--i know hendricks has good stuff look where it is all going to the old man of hendricks he wants mark to win a championship before he retires--now with martin trueix going to MWR look who dei has for a driver juan i see dale jr buying out dei and merger with hendricks

11. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Does anybody else see the similarities between Jr. and Kyle Petty? While Both Kyle and Jr. have legendary families in the nascar community, more specific Fathers that pretty much made the sport what it is today.

Kyle and Jr, Both came into nascar and did pretty good their first couple years. Both had big shoes and high expectations to fill. The media and fans seemed to put a lot of pressure on both drivers respectfully as i'm pretty sure both drivers also put a lot of pressure on themselves to perform. To an extent, I think the pressure and stardom hasn't done well for either being consumed by it. i don't think either driver has/had that deep inner drive to win as their fathers did. I guess what I'm saying is, it is awful hard to live up to those expectations and be competitive.

I think in a way both were setup to fail the publics expectations.

12. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Jr. is still the most popular driver by far. LOL

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Unfortunately being the most popular driver doesn't earn you any points or win you any races. The only place you see any big rewards for being MPD is at the souvenir trailers!

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think jr. got hurt. eather in the crash when he got burned, or when he crashed and hurt his head. Watch an old interview, now watch a new interview.he slears his words now,and dosent seem to know what hes going to say next.In old interviews his answers were chrisp and he sounded like he knew what he was talking about.
    smokey

15. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    maybe junior just isnt any good? The only conspiricy would be if he started to win races......He is a superstar because of his name, not his talent.

16. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    if you notice theres a comman theme here 99% of the jr fans were Sr fans first.And thats the only reason most folks are jr fans because of daddy.I think jr had potential at one time but after his dad passed away and everything hes lost the fire he once had.I always thought he was just a mediocre driver but i thought he would be a little better then he is.

17. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    JR. is pretty much the Anna Kornikova of racing.

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

just to clear up any confusion. im not a jr fan. just courious to hear the thoughts of his fans.

and the kyle petty simmilarity is pretty much word for word how i thought of the situation. i just dont think he had the abilities like his legandary father. always liked old dale. though i was a jarrett fan through the years. if jarrett was crashed out sr was my next in line to hope to see win. then old rudd.

got a #99 on now. like his style too. :wink:

19. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    He is not the driver his daddy was for sure, but if you look at his stats in his career he is not a bad driver.

Even though Earnhardt is seeing more disappointment than celebration these days, he is still one of the best drivers this past decade. He made his first Cup start at Lowe's Motor Speedway in 1999 and finished 16th. His first full Cup season began in 2000 and he is among the leaders in every statistical category in that timeframe.
    INSIDE THE DATA
    18 Wins for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his career, fifth from 2000 to present. Jimmie Johnson (43), Jeff Gordon (33), Tony Stewart (33), and Kurt Busch (19) rank higher.
    87 Number of top-fives for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his career, fifth from 2000 to present. Jeff Gordon (139), Tony Stewart (130), Jimmie Johnson (110), and Matt Kenseth (91) rank higher.
    140 Number of top-10s for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his career, sixth from 2000 to present. Jeff Gordon (207), Tony Stewart (204), Jimmie Johnson (170), Matt Kenseth (168), and Mark Martin (149) rank higher.
    6,473 Number of laps led for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in his career, fourth from 2000 to present. Jeff Gordon (10,198), Tony Stewart (9,282) and Jimmie Johnson (8,438) rank higher.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i just checked the latest points standings as of today after the glen. seems hes is at the 25th spot now.

not to bad mike. just dont single out 2009:crazy: lmao. how ya been?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2009