Hopefully the 3rd time in a row is the Charm!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Apr 24, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'm heading to the same place in an hour to an hour and a half. I'll only stay for maybe 2-3 hours but that'll be long enough to find out if their biting. I'll be using the live gills and Warmouths only. I have some left from yesterday.

I'm not gonna put a poll on this, I'm too tired to do it. I'm running on maybe 3 hours sleep.:roll_eyes:...And not much at all the past 3-4 nights. Good thing the river is only 2.1 miles away...:cool2::smile2:

Feel free to add your picks, I just hope for 1 or 2 Cats at least. Nothing wrong with wishful thinking...:wink::smile2::beat_brick:

2. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Good luck out there may your Moby Dick get hold of your hooks today

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Brian!!! I'll settle for a 5#er so I can upgrade.....:wink::smile2:
    Would be tickled to catch a pig though!!!:big_smile:

Going by the NWS prediction between 6 and 9am when I'll be there is supposed to be really good fishing....I sure hope so! LOL!

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The results are in...All good and all Very BAD!!!

I caught 2 small Flatties and 1 Channel all under 2 pounds which were released. I did get a pic of the Channel, I'll try to get it on in a bit.

First Bad News: Went to turn my Berkley scales on and they are dead or broke. I'm gonna take them back and get another set.

Second Bad News: I hooked into something pretty daggone big(bent the ABU MH 8' rod like nothing at all), most likely a Flattie that would have been a heck of a fish but after I set the hook and cranked the handle 3-4 times he/she just came off. I was Ticked again but not as bad as I was about to be.....

The REALLY BAD NEWS!!!: My 8 year old All-Time Favorite pole in the World "Lucy" the 9' Nite-Stick Casting MH Rod met an untimely death...:angry::angry::angry:
    I was snagged and pulling straight back(and wrapping the line around a stick) to try to break it free and when that didn't work I let slack in it and tried again. I decided to try and swarp it back and forth and up and down. DUMBA$$ Mistake!!! About the 4rth time I did it the rod snapped right above the top piece leaving at least a couple inches in the bottom part.
    With all this momentum coming at me I flew back off my feet and landed straight on my back and on several large, rough, jagged and HARD Rocks. I cussed and think I cried a little...LMAO!
    I got home and I have bruises on my left shoulder, left hip, left buttox(LOL), and several on my low and mid-upper back.

I guess you can say it hurts a little...LOL! Thank God for Narcotic Rx Medications!!! LOL!!!

Sorrry for Rambling but just had to share my best and worst trip this year with you all!!!

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    John, man you need to do some voodoo or something to change your luck.:wink:

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    MAN! It sounds like you beat the HedoubleL out of yourself!! Are you sure you went fishing and not to a bar that you got bounced from? You can tell me john, i had to use the "gone fishing" excuse before! LMAO!:smile2: rollo

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Rollo,

I feel like I got the HedoubleL out of me Extremely bad or good or something,,,I don't know!!!!! What year is this??? LMAO!
    Are you sure you went fishing and not to a bar. Positive, i'll upload some pics and a little video from my phone later.:smile2:

I need something, thats for dam sure!!!!! It was just a freak accident...Go Figure...:crazy::eek:oooh::confused2::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    It runs in the family, me and my cuz I fish and hang with is bad as me if not worse. He just fell off a ladder the other day plumbing. He still looks worse than me. :crazy:
    He also has a real bad back that needs surgery and a shoulder that needs cut on again.
    Back problems and stuff like that are crazy on my Dad & Mom's side.:sad2:

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Sounds like you had a rough one and broke a pole,my condolences go out for your favorite pole john. lMAO!!!

10. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    Hope you have better luck next time.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John fishing is suppose to be fun. Not a fight. Look at it this way. You got the bad trip out of the way. I wouldn't expect to much sympathy from Regina, for the lump on the rump. Good luck on the next trip brother.

12. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    My little buddy!:big_smile: That sucked you had a good and bad trip,maybe you can win a night stick at the get together sat. I hope we have better luck sat night and none of the mojo you had today!!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I hope I win the 9'er. It sucks because I only have 1 more 9'er casting rod. All the other 9' rods I have are spinning.
    I'm gonna check with Steve about trying to get one next week, hopefully he'll give me a good deal.
    I feel like I fell off a 30' cliff this morning. I'm going back to bed and rest for a while. You all have a good day!!!:wink::big_smile:

14. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Say John drop me a message about those spinning rods.I have a 9 ft Nite Stik that is for a casting setup but with a spinning reel.Unless I could win that Abu 6000 tomorrow :D We might be able to do some trading.

15. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Stick it to him jerry lol he wants one bad.:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

16. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I dunno if I could trade it or not like I said we will have to see tomorrow :smile2:

I kinda like it but my Tidewater spinning reel is a little big for it since the eyes are casting type.

I am going to try to swipe my wifes Mitchell Cat Rod to play with tomorrow my other 9 ft has a bad eye on it and it nicks my line after a few fish.

17. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    So where's the pictures of the bruised butt. I am sure those BOC Girls wanna see...not me :tounge_out:

I am destined to lose my black and blue rod.... it seems to almost get jerked in the water or flipped overboard more often than I would like.

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats cool to me. I probably won't bring the Master if you don't want me to.
    I really want a 9' Nite-Stick Pro Casting MH,,,,Actually 2 would tickle me!!!
    I'm gonna talk to Steve - He owns a shop and donated one of the 6000's and a rod too(I think) and maybe more.
    He'd probably give them to me at cost or not much above. I've known him about 8 years and he's a heck of a guy!!! He always treats me very well!!!
    I also do the same for him so it equals out.
    We should have business cards from him to give away and he's just in Catlettsburg,KY. Not far at all where we'll be at, maybe 30 minutes at tops, probably less.

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You're all safe!!! ROFLOL!!!
    I have no pics nor will any ever be taken!!!!!:crazy: :0a26: LMAO!!!!!

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Bless you my son:eek:oooh:......and I am not even religious!