Hope

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Nov 4, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    It is getting close on election night I am not asking who you voted for or do I wish to make this an argument type thread all I got to say is if your man wins congrats and I hope you are satisfied still in 2 of 3 years if your canidate loses we are still in America and still have powers that can keep things straight until time to change again so do not give up and quit voting that is our right and if you did not vote in hopes that it would not make a differance you might want to next time cause you can not set back and let things happen all your life I will not say which catigory I am in nor ask about youjust think and remember which way you went

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    We can only pray that God has played a hand and will guide the winner to make good decisions

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    This may just make me give up. It only shows that the peoples vote don't count only the ELECTORAL,All states should have the same number,Hope is about all we got left now in my book.

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    All I can say is that I did all that I could do, I caucused, I campaigned, I supported, I voted... :sad2:

I give my good will to Obama, I am still an American, I just hope that things start to turn around for us here in the US, and that some relief comes soon...

I will not give up the fight, I will be on point, I will be educated, I will still make my voice heard, and I will do my part in checks and balances...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I'm kinda of surprise it went like it did but why would I be surprised when he said he was gonna give all this FREE stuff and the people have spoken and I hope that I can get some of that FREE stuff the he said he was going to give away LOLOLOLOLOL:0a35::0a35:

6. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Ok he has four years to prove himself, The questions is what will he do with his four years, how will he handle problems that show up, will he have the stones to put our military in harm's way, will he work with both parties or be a puppet of the democrat party. He now have a chance to make a real change can he do it even if it means putting his party aside. I am not a Obama fan but i will give him the benefit, lets see what he can do, We'll talk in a year and see where we are at then.

7. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie

Richard, I tried to give you reps for this thread but I'm out of juice. Maybe I can get some later.

As some of you know, we homeschool. I've been teaching my kids civics this year. Yesterday we were paying attention to the election and they even went with me to vote to see how it works.

When the returns started coming in last night, my 14 year old daughter was sitting there looking thoughtful, and said " No matter who wins, we all need to support them. That's how this country works and that's what the founders had in mind when they wrote the Constitution. It's all starting to make more sense to me now."

Out of the mouths of babes.

8. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The reason not all states have the same amount of electoral votes is because there is not the same amount of people in each state. Electoral votes are given to each state according to the population they have, so for instance in California there is a lot more people than in North Dakota and so they get more electoral votes, they represent the people in the state.

9. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Also only 2 states can split those votes, Maine and Nebraska I believe is the other one....In all the others it's winner take all.

10. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    First time I ever cried over an election.

but, maybe there will be a check in my mailbox when I get home, huh????

Mik

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    With the election over I would like to see that people will quit refering to our new President as anything other then American cause first and foremost that is what he is I did not like him refering to himself as black because I feel he was using that as his hold card I am glad he fought out of a hardship filled chilhood to rise to the highest office in our country and I hope he is what we need to set our country right but as is our tradition majority won so be it let us support him and pray for him to do all things for the good of our country