Hope to see ya in blythe this next weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by riverbud55, Apr 4, 2006.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Ok bros its time,Hope to see some of you at the gathering at the river in blythe this next weekend, Check out the gatheing section for the latest info http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11732 . Its not a problem if your not on the list just come on out

good fishing to all and lets gettem, see ya there

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey brothers!!!! How did the gathering go? I been wondering all weekend. Any pics? Any stories? Come on, tell me!!!!!1

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    It was a nice gathering. Good to meet faces from the board. Had a good time. Good food. Learned a lot about river fishing as this was my first time there. Also this set the foundation for many trips there in the future. I do not have any pics because I did not catch anything. LOL. But still is was a good trip for me beside getting stuck on a sandbar. LOL. I am sure the others will post pics soon.

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Just like B.H. said - the Gathering was a great one & the Colorodo River was a nice place the have it. The Brothers there were the best & "I will be going back". :)
    :0a23:
    Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,

I'll E-Mail you some shots of the place.

(Shaina)

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Had a great time! I will try to get pictures posted tomorrow! I sure was burnt out after the 10 hour drive, 12 hours going down. Tim came from Texas and had a shorter drive! Bert and I are going to ship our gear and fly down next time! Bill did land a 5.8 pound channel, and one other. I caught one small cat and two tiny stripers. There were quite a few bass caught and released. The water was about 65 degrees. When it gets around 70, it will be better. I will be going back for the flathead! In any case, I had one of the best times of my life and met some really good people, I am sure they will be lifelong friends! Thank you B.O.C.

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Got the pics Bert:) Thanks bro. Looks like you guys had some great weather. Enjoyed the pics;)

8. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Sure glad see all the ones that could make it, had one of the best times of my life. Had some great weather could not have been better for camping, just wished the the fishen would have been better, I did get a 4 1/2 lb channel on monday after 6 days of fishen fishen the same area that bill got his . theres some big channels in that spot, bill lost a big one there on monday with a broken line and i lost one there friday all being very big fish, lots of big structure on the bottom of some 12' water, its a place i have never fished before this weekend, just never looked good driven by but ran my boat over it with the fish finder on on monday and it looks like one of the best spots on the river for big structure in deep water on the river. Ill be going back there often looken for the flats

Phil and Burt sure was great haven you dudes down and i look forward to hooken up with u dudes again soon, so it looks like you made some good time going the way we talked about threw kramer junction-Bakersfeild, and I know it was alot nicer drive. hey phil u left your shirt hat and book and maybe a coffee cup at the trailer pm your address and ill ship it up

man blue sure sucked what happend to you and keith, i was thinken you two had the best chance on gettin a big (or any) flat. Like i said you got to learn the river before you learn to fish the river and it takes lot of time and its always changing, after the water warms up this next month we'll get down there again, blue think i got a chair you or keith left and you never got the knife

Jaime and rob wish u could have made it but i got some pic,s

Attached Files:

9. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    and some more of Burt myself and tim

Attached Files:

10. kevthecatfishstudent

kevthecatfishstudent New Member

State:
    Riverside California
    Man I had a blast and it was a pleasure meeting youguys. Sorry I didn't mingle longer but I desparately in search of those flats and only had a short time to fish. Anyway, I will definitely be hitting up Blythe a lot more now that I have flathead fever. So if anyones planning a trip or last minute it doesn't matter, just let me know and I'll try to make it. Thanks BOC for the experiecne.

11. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Sounds like you guys had a great time keep the pics coming if you guys have any more.

12. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I was planning to go but am so tied up with getting the new business going I forgot all about it :mad: Sure glad you guys had a great time maybe next time I can make it. pics more pics guys.

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Dale I may go back sooner it all depends. I am looking at checking out the backwaters. We noticed the water temps there were 5 degrees higher than the main river. But I am on to going down there whenever I am able to. proboly will make 2 runs a month down their. Keith and I have another one planned for June.

14. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Dale, you are the man! You ought to get one of those ribbon awards, for hosting the best B.O.C. gathering I ever been too! I cant wait to return the same hospitailty up this way! Also, If you guy's want to plan another one count me in! The weather report said it wasnt going to stop raining this year up here! I am sorry I havent got pictures posted yet! I been working since I got home and just havent had time:eek:
    I will be posting again real soon!
    Bert, I recieved the excelent pictures you sent! Really nice:cool:
    Dale, That is really kind of you to send the stuff I left behind! Tell me what the Shipping is, and I will send it to you, as you have already been a gracious host and have showed alll the qualities, of what I love about the B.O.C.! I will shoot you a email with addy and stuff soon! I miss the book the most. I had just started it! Again, Thank You!
    Bill, Don and others, I havent forgot you either! You guy's are the best!
    We are the Brotherhood of Catfisherman!

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Here are some photos from the Gathering, ENJOY! :)
    :0a23:
    Take It Easy,
    (Shaina)

Attached Files:

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Here are more photos. :)

Attached Files: