Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Nov 26, 2006.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    The wife and I went to California city with our kid's grand kid's and and several people from church. They all had Quads and Carts, I don;t know if any of you have heard of this place. But it's out in the desert between California City and Randsburg, Randsburg is an old Gold mining town in the Mojave desert, and I would say this area has to be at least 20 miles across scattered in every direction. Their were ten trailers and one motor-home in our group, and besides us their must have been at least five thousand trailers and motor homes scattered all over that desert in little bunches. at night it looked like a big city. This was a first for me and I was thinking, What have I got my self in to now, I am a fisherman, and their was no water in site. But you know we had a lot of fun and fellowship and a Thanksgiving dinner with the turkey and dressing and all the trimmings. fit for a king. all this and only lost two over the handlebars and the only thing hurt was their pride, but I bet they are sore this morning. I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was as great as ours.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Buurrpp!!! :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Excuse me! :embarassed: I put on 8# over the post 4 days. I'm set for turkey sandwiches all week.....

4. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Pepcid AC to the rescue!

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had a Wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you for asking. Tell me Phillip, is the wind in the Mojave Desert still blowing seems like 90 mile an hour? I use to hate going out there cause it was always blowing seemed like gale force. I lived out there in Southern Ca in the early 90's. My husband worked for the City of LA on their trash trucks. He was one of their many diesel mechanics.:big_smile:

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Yes Sister powell,
    I am glad that at least you injoyed your Thanksgivin. It is still blowing and that is the part I hated most about the whole trip, That, plus the fact it is so dry and dusty.

7. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Thank you for asking, yes, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was able to spend time with my mother & younger sister.

The 4 day weekend went by too fast:angry: :angry:

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yes sir it sure did:sad2: I wish they were mandatory:roll_eyes: LOL!!!!