Hoover Reservoir

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by slowboat, Apr 15, 2007.

1. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went out Friday. It was to windy and I had no luck from the bank at twin bridges. Using worms , fresh shad that I cought with cast net from boat ramp and shrimp. Fished for about 2 hrs and it started to rain and I had to leave. Will try agani next week.
    hal

2. catmancats

catmancats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive never fished hoover for any kind of fish because of the motor restrictions on boats. But either way this time of year in any lake or resivoir untill the weather stays warm and the water temp stays on a steady rise just keep thinking deep water. This is just my personal opinion. The water temp droped in the last week and the cats that were shallow seemed to have moved south(Deep). I fish Alum Creek and Delaware and im sure the patterns are pretty much the same... Try looking for fairly deep coves to fish when bank fishing when in a boat maybe try fishing deep flats , nothing less than 10ft.. Hope this helps on your next trip.....

Im not an expert but i fish for cats all year as long as i dont have to break the ice to find them ..... lol

3. Ohio Trophy Hunter

Ohio Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    they were hitting at alum today, almost all on the bottom.
    hoover can produce some truly impressive fish! usually when you least expect it too!

Eric B

4. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    I fished hoover on friday and saturday and caught 4 cats...all were really nice. caught some crappie too.....realllllly slow out though. Usually when I hit hoover I catch double digits easily on shad, but the action was slow in my honey hole. I talked to some people that realllllly know hoover and the deep stuff isn't where they are this time of year they are all in the mouths of the rivers that feed into hoover. later in the year is when I go out at night and anchor down in the channel and fish about 25ft of water with whole shad....not big ones but the 2 to 3 inchers....absolutely kill them then.

5. schwach

schwach New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hello all,

Just curious where you buy / get your shad? I usually use chicken liver w/ garlic - but I want to try shrimp and cut fish this year.. any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Chris

6. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use a castnet. I usually catch some along the grass line, around docks & ramps, and on the rip-rap. I like 3 and 4 inch ones, or just cut up the big ones.:tounge_out: Catfish Candy.. mmmm.:smile2:
    Good castnet instructions in the library. Welcome to the BOC.