Hoover Reservoir 5/5/08

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by capt of the Floater, May 6, 2008.

1. capt of the Floater

capt of the Floater New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Caught my personal best a 10.2 lb channel. Caught 4 3-5 lbers All but one was caught on a light up bobber with some cut shad.

Attached Files:

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congratulations,nice looking fish

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    congrats on the new PB.

4. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Very good Tim .... keep at them ... they will keep getting bigger ....... Garry-

5. capt of the Floater

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks guys, can't wait to get back out there

6. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey man first off congrats on the fish! I am at hoover a lot through the year and have a pretty successful system that is almost always productive. last year when the water fell it was miserable...but in normal conditions it's a great time.

i never fish with a bobber out there for cats, though.....how deep were you running your bait? i usually head out and fish deeper water on the bottom.

ben

7. capt of the Floater

State:
    Ohio
    it was fixed at 4 to 5 feet on a mud flat. the cats at hoover are very different than most. I was in a tourny over the weekend there and we only had 5 fish brought to weighin. where do you put in at. most of the action is on north end and what do you use for bait?

8. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    i put in at oxbow most of the time and always fish the north end with shad....but i don't cut them! i fish whole shad...the smaller ones.....off the bottom and occassionally I use tiger shrimp as well as it seems to vary....shad almost always produce when the water isn't down bad like last year.