Hoover 8/22

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BGRUMBLES, Aug 23, 2006.

1. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Last night went to hoover again...took my girlfriend but she mostly just slept on the boat. Got out there about 11:30 pm, fished til 4 am, then slept til 6 or so....and came back in. I caught 13 fish this time...less than last time but still fun as these were over average better fish. Last time I had 5 small ones before I got one with any size...this time the bite was real spread out, but I got consistent sized fish that were perfectly sized. I kept 7 fish, a few that were gonna die i kept too....hook swallowers.....and I let the little ones all go grow. overall was a good night, had a great time.

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Sounds like you had a good time. I'm going to be hitting hoover hard here soon. I have some days off coming up.

3. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    ben..... what time do you want to get out tonight? i told the wife around 8 or so. is that ok? looking forward to it.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
  5. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    We ended up catching 9. I released one dink.....had a decent night considering I lost my cast net in the rocks and we got a whopping TWO shad. Ended up fishing with tiger shrimp courtesy of Rob and did ok. I didn't find my honey hole in the dark until the end and by then the bite was in the end stages. All in all I had a great time talking and hanging out with Rob.....great guy altogether and wouldn't mind fishing next to him anytime......

Ben

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like yall did well, congrats on the catches.

7. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    glad you guys had some good luck.I have not been out for a couple of weeks. good luck in the future also

8. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    yeah we did have a good night. was fun just sitting and talkingwith you ben.we have alot in comon. hope to make it out again.

9. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio

I agree...hopefully we can all get together and go out some time....don't forget to remind me about Sept. 30 again...want to go hang out at a bar or something...should be fun.

Ben

10. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Congrats on the fish!! I'm glad to see you all had a good time.

11. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    for sure man, i'll lwrite it down to make sure i call you about sept 30th. it'll be fun