Hooters

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Jul 14, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Here's a real problem. I frequent my local Hooters restaurant almost daily. I've been going there 13 yrs come December. I wasn't going there that much when I was married. But once I got divorced I can't stop going. That place is my HAPPY PLACE. Whenever I'm not a happy camper I go there and leave a happy person. Those girls there always puts a smile on my face. They make me feel happy. Some of the girls are like my daughter. I rekon I feel I need a replacement for my daughter cause she lives in Florida and me in Indiana. My relationship with my son isn't good. So I feel I don't have a family. I do have my parents and siblings and plenty of friends, but they aren't my kids who I miss a lot. The girls from Hooters are my family. I hang out with some and take most out for dinner on their b-day. Some even call me Dad. A few won't even take a tip from me. I even play golf with two of the managers. Some people think I'm a freak and crazy. They just don't understand. Those girls are my family. I've cooked them dinner, been to their graduation parties, offered my advice, changed their flat tires, met their husbands/boyfriends, picked them up and taken them to work when they didn't have a way, been to the local car races with two of them. Three of them like too fish and said that they would be my partner for the catfish tournaments I do if ever I need them.
    My problem is... I want to stop going so often. I waste no telling how much $$ in there. Beer in there isn't cheap. Plus I do tip well. I tip well wherever I go. Even if the service sucks. No telling how much $$ I wasted in there. I don't even want to know how much.
    Has anyone been in a situation like this to where you spend too much time somewhere and want out? I need some guidance here. Ya'll have any suggestions on what I should do to not go there so often? I love that place and I love the girls but I need to not go so often.

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Have you considered becoming a "Big Brother" in your local Big Brother program?

If you open your head and your heart the kids in the Big Brothers and Big Sisters programs often end up like your family and lots of times it seems you end up getting more than you give.

Just a thought...

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    well you can start by coming to rockypoint on july 25th,26th and 27th and fish with me and some of the other guys that weekend!! its not that far from you and will only cost a few beers worth of gas to get there!! im a pretty strong willed person and do whatever i want so i have never had a problem like yours but i wish i had some advise to give ya!! accept us or not you have family here on the boc!! :wink:

4. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    No Barb I haven't considered that, but it's a thought. Thanks I'll think about that.

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I've got a tournament on them dates. One of these days I'll make a gathering. You are right, the BOC is part of my family.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yep, wouldn't hurt ya to spend more time here, and it costs less too :big_smile:. Loneliness sucks in general; I can only imagine what it must be like not seeing your children on a regular basis. But, none of those girls, no matter how much you care for them, help them, and spend time with them, is gonna take the place of your daughter.

Now, time for some tough love from your BOC sis.....I b'lieve I saw this posted somewhere earlier.....

"Don't you hate it when your brand new grandbaby lives 600+ miles away from you and you can't see her?"

Seems to me you'd be able to go to Florida and visit your daughter and grandaughter more often if you just bucked up and quit spending so many $$$ at your "happy place". Easier said than done, I know.

I vote for a Florida Fund. Make a decision to limit your Hooters visits to once a week (for starters). When you're at home, keep yourself occupied. Hang out with us, start a new hobby, clean house if you have to :wink:. Each evening you stay home, put the amount of money you think you'd have spent in a safe place (or just leave it in the bank :big_smile:). Once it starts adding up and you see how much you're saving, I think it'll get easier.

Especially when it pays off with trips to/time in Florida with the girls. Time spent with family is priceless, but in this case those saved $$$ will help imo.

Love ya bro, hang in there.

T

7. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I tried to do that, but then the happy place thing comes into place. Need it alot here recently. But I will eventually do that. You are right though about them not being my daughter. But they come a real close second. I do appreciate the idea though. Thank you.

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Mark ya aren't fishing enough.....And the girls at Logan's are cute too. Get a steak instead of wings.
    :smile2:

9. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Some good suggestions here. Should give ya pause for thought. Tell ya what Mark. I can't go cause I can't afford it. I'll give up my space on this forum for you. Give ya everything I got; smilies, rep points, thanks, the good will of all the mods who love me, even though I don't have any stars it is the thought that counts.

Send me your money. I will go in your place. I will spend it wisely and well. If anything is left over I will return it so you can get a faster computer to log on here where the real world is. Give me a list of the girl's birthdays so I won't look foolish bringing in flowers when no one has a birthday.

Yours in the Brotherhood, John.

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    this doesnt sound like a real problem to me.

your a guy and yo0u miss your kids. thats understandable. you replace them emotionally with well endowed young ladies who bring you beer, and food, and smile real big when you tip them. also very understandable.

you are the only person who can help you, in this situation. do you really wanna be helped? or do you just wanna save some cash?

go to florida and spend time with your REAL daughter. then go to the beach down there and find a REAL girlfriend. who with any luck,she will also bring you food, and beer.

if all else fails...

buy a copy of sports illistrated, a case of cheap beer, some micro-wave wally world wings, and stay home for a week or two.

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ever heard of Dr. Phil. :tounge_out:

You know something, I've never been to a Hooters.:eek:oooh:

Is the food good. ?

12. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have only been there one time and I kept biting my tongue. Just like a dog that is hot and his tongue in hanging out while he pants, except I tried to chew under that condition. :wink: To this day, I can't remember what I ordered. It could have been breast of chicken, if they have that!

On the serious side, you need to find something else to occupy your time and monies.

13. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i hang out at a local bar down the street from me in st louis called. truman's place. the beer is only 1.50 a pint and the girls are a little more down to earth. (they don't flirt with you just for tips.) basically in a place like hooters, the more a girl tries to be fake and flirt with me, the less likely i am to tip them very much. oh yeah and the girls at truman's are H-O-T:wink: without the skimpy clothes

14. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I kind of know what you are going thru. I miss my family a lot, and I have learned that the only way for me to actually make it from day to day here, is talk with my family. You didnt mention how old your kids were, but are they old enought to use a computer? If so I would take some of that money and invest in a cheap laptop for them and the internet. I spend about a hour in the morning and a hour in the evening talking with my family. My daughter is only 5, so she cant type, but my wife types for her, so we carry on a regular conversation. Then save up some money and take a vacation, or send them some plane tickets.

15. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Mark, the first thing you have to realize is that you are doing nothing wrong. When I played golf, I played every day, sometimes twice. When I drank I drank every day sometimes nope not twice, just continuously. I used to frequent a place called Roosters, which started in Sarasota and Dayton, and after an ownership squabble and split, Hooters was begun (I think this is accurate) I too used to hang around the girls. I even took one to Florida once. If you really want to quit, you need something else to take up your time.... like fishing. Don't try to quit cold turkey. I would start by going every other day for 3 months, then come November, every third day til New Years then every 4th or 5th day. Also work on not going before 4 pm, then 6 pm, etc....

Believe me, there are much worse habits that you could have.

Good Luck,

Shawn

16. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I use to have that problem now I have kids . Maybe a neighbors kid could use some of your fishing knowladge !:big_smile: I only go out when my band plays . I do miss my freinds that play in other bands . There are also plenty of responsibilities I can acomplish during the week to save a dollar and enjoy myself more fri. night and sat.:wink:

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hooters is quite a nice time for most any person **Remember that it is a family resturant** The sign says so:wink:

I think you just need to find something that you are passionate about and dedicate this time to fulfilling that passion. We all enjoy the attention of such a place, but they get paid to make you smile.

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I can't help but wonder if the hooters thing ,might have had an influence on your former wife,I know mine would likely cut me ,if I went to one .[even with her along]

19. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Well lets see... I'm still going but don't spend as much time there. Two beers and I'm outta there. Well most of the time now. :big_smile: The girls there don't flirt with me to just get money. Some there flirt way too much. They are so bad that they get a guy to pay their bills for them. It's disgusting and I've told them that. Their response to that was, " Well I'm going to pay him back." You can't pay your own bills but you are going to give this sorry sap money back? The guy that pays their bills is a truck driver, married and VERY over weight. He's taking three of them to Florida and paying for everything. He told them that his wife knows and said that it is ok. WHATEVER DUDE!
    Well anyway, I'm heading to Florida hopefully at the end of this month to see my daughter (22yrs old) and son-in-law. And the ever so beautiful grand daughter. My son is 18 and we finally are on speaking terms. My life is better than it was the last time I was on here.
    Thanks everyone for all the support and John feel free to come take my place at Hooters.

20. just a redneck

just a redneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    in the most respectful way i can say this u are getting used, who wouldnt like someone that gave them money and drove them around when they didnt have a car, i am sure u are nice, and they are nice, but at the end of the day from what u described u are getting the short end of the stick. to u its pleasure to them its just bisness u are surrounded by some of the greatist people in the world on this website try being friends with someone who doesnt actually want something from u to be thier friend sounds like that is what u are looking for and alot cheaper