Hooter pic's on the river

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by riverbud55, Apr 4, 2007.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    just got back from the river from fishing on the colorado river on the AZ/CA boarder near Blythe CA. thought I would shaire some pics with you. these little guys are are the star of our camp, been watching these little guy for the past few weeks, i bet they have had more pics taken of them then britney spears , there nest is just out my dinning room window, its so great to sit there at my table in the morning drinkn coffee and watching these little guys and there parents, this is the 3rd year they have been there

Attached Files:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Great pics Dale even tho the missleading title :big_smile:

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Great looking Hooters ya got yhere Dale, thanks for the pics!:smile2:

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    HOOTERS, HOOTERS! Where? LOL! Great pics and thanx for sharein.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Dale,

Is the from the same family of hooters & the same tree, that's next to your RV on the river, that Phillip took a photo of when we were down there?

If so, I remember that family. :wink:

That's Cool :cool2: & thanks for sharing those photos.
    :0a31:

Take it easy Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    cute little things arent they

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's cool. Good pics, thanks for shareing.

8. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    thats not right but thanks for sharing lol

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Gorgeous Owls! Are they the "Great horned Owles" We have a family of Barred Owls near our riverlot every year and they're a "hoot" to watch! Starting to see the Bald Eagles this year again also! They have a lil' one but it still don't have the white headdress yet! I'll try to get pics this year for ya'll K?
    -Brother Jay

10. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    ya jay i was told they were great horned owls

hey there buddy bert, yep thats the same family, mom and dad did good this year they had 3 chicks this year, im hopeing the little 3rd one makes it, its about half the size of its 2 bros but i does look very healthy, other day a dog went to pee on the old cottonwood tree and the big daddy owl came from its perch up in the top a tall palm tree and at full speed blasted the dog and sent it on its way, tell ya something that dog never came no were near to that tree again

was thinkn of the title of " hooter chicks" lol

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I need some hotwings now. lol Thanks for the pics!

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How could anybody call them cute! lol, never the less this reminds me of an old cartoon where the little owl sings about the "moona and the starsa and the springa! "lol :big_smile:

13. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    riverbudd.... thanks for sharing..... You know i've seen and heard the parents over the years when camping at Mayflower campground..... Back 3-4 years ago, when watching the stars and jets flying over with their contrails and listening to all of the evening creatures..... the "Hoot owl" would roost in the tree overhead of my rv in the campground.... I'd hear and see em, and point them out to my wife...... One morning, I told her that one was sitting on the wall just behind the campground to the south of the place where you had the gathering last year. She got her camera and slowly walked over to where the owl was...... it was cute.... she is being real stelthy like..... did not want to startle the hooter.... when she got close to him, she finally saw what it was and turned around and saw me looking at her as she walked some 75 yards over to take a picture of the plastic owl that was at someones back yard to fend off the other birds.....

thanks again.... for the hooters pics...

bayrunnner ray

14. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Man all that I seen whas some birds. Where da hooters man? I had a barn owl that was stalking mefor my bait a couple years ago. He would sneak up to my fishing spot and steal my my bait when I was slepping or I had walked the shore. Big guy too. I had no idea that they got that big. Cool pics man its nice to see critters while fishing makes the day that much more special.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dale thanks for sharing the pics of some of Natures beauty. Enjoyed.:big_smile:

16. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Good looking brude...I was looking for somthing a little different LOL.

17. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Ray was talking to the folks that run the mayflower camp last year and they said the owls at hidden beaches are chicks from a few year back that came from mayflower, looks like they get plentfull diet of dove meat after watching the adult owl feed the chicks went over under the tree and found a lot of dove parts

18. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Thanks dale those are some great pitchers there.