hoosierpolecat iced a cat last night

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, Jan 15, 2009.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    last night, we headed to the lake for a night of crapy fishing. the severe cold front we got had the fish lock jawed. after 5 hours of below zero fishing i had 7 gills that totaled about 21 inches.lol i thought i was going to do a total skunk on polecat, but at the end he pulled it off. his bobber went down and we figured it was a nice crappie. nope he pulls up a nice 16-18in bullhead! the whiskered fish came from 9ft down in 13ft of water on a minnow. i had him in inches but he got me in weight. lmao

sorry no camera in the cold temps

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Man, that sounds cold! I used to do it all the time in South Bend.

Nice job on the winter cat.

3. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I couldn't imagine being out last night, or more so tonight. Congrats on the fish though, I'd settle for them. I haven't been on water since mid November. :embarassed:

4. gofish98

gofish98 New Member

State:
    Lafayette Indiana
    :crazy: TIM ; you guys are hardcore !!:crazy:
    IT's 18below this morning ! I'm siting here with a big mug of hot choclate , a big fire in the fireplace , watching bass fishing on TV , an I read your post and I think , man I must be a big wus . Hey , but I'm a WARM one:smile2::smile2::smile2:
    I'll see ya when the water gets soft

5. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm with Vince on that one, my thermometer said -19 on my way into work this morning. Tim you ought to join us down here in Lafayette when the pre spawn warms up.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    ben,
    i do have in laws over there, so ill get up with you in spring.

vince,
    we did have a shanty. that didnt stop the soda and holes from slushing up though. lol

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tim your just crazy... But I would have been with ya if I lived closer... Im going crazy wanting to hit the water...

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    shane, your welcome to join us anytime brother. just drive on up and jump on the ice with us!

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You all Have most certainly got more b's than i do.Think I'm gonna wait till least next month.Hope ice will be gone by then.Hats off to anyone who has the guts to do it though .Congrads on the decent night of fishing.And the Kitty catch.Stay warm out there guys.

10. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Don't do it Shane...jumping on the ice is just asking for trouble! lol sorry...I had to say it

11. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    way to go i,ve been wanting to do a lil ice fishing for cats but i wont go alone for safetys sake way to go though :smile2::smile2:

12. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What are the chances of getting a winter cat at a power plant spillway

13. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    YOU CAN ALWAYS HEAD SOUTH! It's suppose to be in the 40's-60's this weekend.:cool2: