Hoosier boater missing on Ohio River

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Apr 3, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    MARION, Ky. -- Rescue workers continued to search for an Indiana man who disappeared when his boat capsized on the Ohio River in western Kentucky.
    The Paducah Sun reports another man in the boat, Patrick May of Lake Station, Ind., was found by ferry workers who heard him screaming and has been hospitalized.

Crittenden County emergency management director Greg Rushing told the newspaper that May and his friend, Daniel David Rust, also of Lake Station, Ind., apparently were night fishing on the river Wednesday night when their boat sank.
    Rushing said neither man was wearing a life jacket, but May grabbed one has he fell into the water.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That's another good reason to always wear your life vest.I believe this is either the 3rd or 4th incident I have read about on here in the last week or so .They are getting to close together.Come on people wake up wear your jackets .Your life depends on it.
    Thoughts going out to the missing mans family.Hopefully he made it to a bank somewhere and they just haven't found him yet.Thoughts and Prayers being said.

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats too bad, thoughts for their families.

4. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man that is really unfortanute sry to hear that they will be in prayers.

5. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I hate hearing about these tragic stories, most could be prevented. Prayers go out to their families.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    For those folks (like me) that hate wearing those big, hot, cumbersome life jackets.... get you one of those water activated ones. I've got some their expensive BUT worth the bucks. I rarely wear a Life jacket.... I hate them. But I am an excellent swimmer ,,, even so- I'll strap one on in crazy and/or cold water always.

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Those inflatable ones are great. I dove head first off a diving board in a pool & when I got 8' down pulled the cord...that thing inflated in an instant and literally shot me back to the surface lol! The only down side is that if you fall out of the boat, whack your head & knock yourself out, then you can't pull the cord. Bill, are the water activated ones new technology? I haven't seen those...

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes... Mine works if you fall in and it get soaked-- it will inflate... or you can pull a cord.... I'd think though, if you pulled the cord, you'd do it BECAUSE you had already fell in? lol.

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was looking at those at bass pro

10. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ive never seen one could u post a pic pepper

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    no more word on the lost guy?

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
  13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
  14. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Makes me wonder what kind of situation he got his self into.
    I have seen canoeist taking foolish-stupid risks in the flooded white river.