Hooks????

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by rob128146, Jun 18, 2008.

1. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    I know this prolly has already been posted but.... I have a good friend that uses only treble hooks and I'm a little ole fashion and i use J Hooks. I don't always go fish on but my friend how uses trebles all most always goes fish on. I know I need to switch to circles but i'm scared to change anything right now because it is just a little supersition about changing things if what you have is working. Which is better the circle hooks or the treble hooks?? Need some good feedback if you don't mind.:big_smile:

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Circles are better for the fish,you wont have as many gut hooked fish with the circles than with trebbles and j hooks.The circles are made to hook the lip of the fish when he takes it.Kahle hooks are the best of both worlds because you can use them like a circle hook or j hook.So you may want to give them a shot.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I prefer the Red Octopus red hooks in 8/0 which I can get 100 for under $15 including S&H. I also like 2/0-5/0 J-Hooks. Their both good hooks IMO.:wink::big_smile:

4. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    When fishing dip baits or punch baits I always use treble hooks. When fishing with cut bait or shad I'll use circles, khales or octopus style hooks.

5. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    fish one pole with your j hook and one with a circle see how it works.

6. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Where and waht brand are you getting 100 for $15? Enquiring minds want to know LOL!

7. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Dip baits going for eaters - I'd use treble hooks, only if I am using dip bait though. Other than that, take some circles out with you next time. If you normally fish with 4 poles, tie 2 with circles and to with your normal hook. Just remember not to jerk the fish' teeth out setting the hook with the circles or you will be skunked. you just have to try them out. I made the switch a few years back and have had great success with the circles, only drawback to them, I don't get to put the massive hook set on'em!