hooks?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by longbow310, Jan 31, 2008.

1. longbow310

longbow310 New Member

State:
    sc
    i was wondering what types of hooks are best for fishing from the bank?

2. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    Same kind that are best for fishing from a boat. 5/0 circle hook Gamakatzu is hard to beat......some like a little bigger. Really any brand will work just fine, but I'd go for the circle hooks. Just remember not to rare back and set the hook when the rod jiggles or the circle will come out

3. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Gamakatzu 8/0 octopus circle 4x strong.

4. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    Just abbout any circle hook from 5-9/0 size depends on bait size but remember NOT TO RARE BACK AND SET THE HOOK OR YOU'LL JUST BRING BACK AN EMPTY HOOK, let him hook himself an as the rod tip heads for the water just pick it up and start reeling, he'll be there and he'll let you know when he feels resistents from you. GOOD LUCK AN TIGHT LINES :0a10:

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I mostly bank fish. The circle hooks from 4/0 ( worms/liver) to 8/0 ( cut bait ) work fine. Make sure you have a dam good rod hold using them, they WILL take your rod. I tight line and wait for the fireworks....pick up and reel but don't haul him in to fast.

-Jim-

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I like Gamakatsu 8/0 circles and 10/0 owners. Let the rod load up with these.

Also like Kahle hooks from 7/0 - 10/0. You can let the rod load up or jerk as hard as you want with these.