Hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by pk_powell, Aug 16, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know everyone here is fond of circle hooks,I seen a different kind advertised by Basspro shops especially made for catfishing,they are referred to as whisker stickers.They have double barbs so the hook is really set and hard for the fish to shake. Has anyone heard about these have you used them? What is anyone and everyones thoughts on these hooks.All replys are deeply appreciated.Thank you pk powell:smile2:

2. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have used whisker stickers in the past . They worked ok for channels . I dint think they make them as large as I like a hook. I also used circles and did not have good luck with them . I now only use Kahle 5/0 to 10/0 hooks

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well I have not used the Whisker Stickers but as far as everything else in Dale's post, I agree. I recently started using Kahle Hooks and will never use anything else, I use 10/0 mostly, but also have used 4/0-5/0 when I was fishing with smaller baits.

I had terrible luck with Circle Hooks, after all the good I heard about them I thought they were better but I just don't like them at all.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I kinda thought the industry was heading towards barbless hooks - maybe that is just what PETA was wanting. LOL

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    For Flathead and Channels I see no need for the "Stickers".

"Circles" will not work 80% of the time on the Flatheads and they way They Bite up here on cut bait.

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Those stickers are too small for anyhting that I would ever fish for. I catch eaters on way bigger hooks than that.