Hooks - What kind do you use for tightlining, jug fishing and, limb lines?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by lunkerman, Feb 19, 2006.

1. lunkerman

lunkerman New Member

State:
    St. Peters
    What kind of hooks do you guys and gals use for : tightlinin, jug fishin, limb lines?:)

2. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tightlinin is basically all I use and the only hooks I will use are the Gamakatsu jstyle octopus hooks. I love gamakatsu and they are super sharp and super strong. I use all different sizes for whatever Im targeting or the area Im fishing. Gamakatsu all the way!

3. lunkerman

lunkerman New Member

State:
    St. Peters
    Me too I might use diff. kinds. But all Gamakatsu!

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    kahle hooks are the best all around hook i think.You can use it like a circle hook or j hook.My hook ups went way up after i started using those.

5. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I have only tightlined before, and I used 6/0 to 8/0 gamakatsu octopus J hooks. They work great when using live baits, since when you set the hook you can crush the bait down and get the barb in. Circle hooks just dont work as well because the bait can get in the way too easily. For everything other than livebait though, I use circles.

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I tend to use most styles of hooks, and for me the circle and tru turn hooks work best in all conditions.

7. wendell

wendell New Member

State:
    illinois
    Eagle claw #90cat 3/0 are the best I have found for trotlines or bank poles.They stay sharp longer and the point won't roll over like alot of hooks will.

8. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dont know if you guys agree but my personal favorite is 7/0 or 8/0 lazer sharp circle sea hooks i have had some good luck limblining with those.