Hooks for stink\dipbait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catman73, Jul 28, 2007.

1. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    What is the best type of hooks or setup to use with stink or dip type baits. I know that everyone will have a little different take or opinion on this, but was just wondering.

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    the best set-up I have used is looper rigs,they can be used with circles,trebles or khale hooks and there is no better way to hold the bait on longer than a looper rig,check them out on our sponsors thread you will be pleased

3. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    before i joined this site, i would have told you juneesdip worms all the way. but since i've laid hands on a looper rig. there is no compairison. looper rigs hold bait so good you have to have a pressure washer to get the stuff off. and tough, i've been using the same looper for my last 5 fishing trips.

4. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The looper rigs work pretty good. Magicbait spring (treble) hooks and there worms are pretty decent as well.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Has anyone mentioned the Looper rig? Correct answer every time.:big_smile:

6. vandellchuck

vandellchuck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive never heard of that. can someone please post a link for those?
    --Chuck

7. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I`VE Never tried the looper rig myself yet but plan too soon. i use eagle claw heavy duty trebles for my homemade cheese bait they have been working great for me for years. I have recently started using Gamakatsu octopus hooks also.