Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I’m sure it’s possible but the chances of that happening are prolly bout a good as winning the lottery with power ball. It can be done with gar if frayed rope is used but they’re not really holding onto it. Teeth are just tangled in it. I’m curious as well if anybody has done that.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Ive caught 2 smaller flatheads where the bluegill lodged in the throat and the hook never touched the flathead

·
Registered
Stacee from Indiana
2,480 Posts
I know for sure you can bring gar in they sometimes don't let go of the bait and other times they let go right at the bank.
Flatheads and channel cats have no problem spitting the bait back out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hookless fishing is called Noodling....
No, I saw a show on noodling. I tried doing it but was afraid of muskrats and snapping turtles. Plus the catfish here are small. The hookless fishing is where you tie the bait with no hook and the fish refuses to let go. I've seen it with sharks and heard about it with cats, but I guess it's a myth. It only works with gar, I'm told, because their teeth get caught on the rope.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hookless fishing? Are you suppose to tie your line around your bait or what?!?! I’m not picturing this very good!

·
Registered
Bob from Texas
279 Posts
In the trouble situation, if you do not have a real hook, just tie a small sharpened stick and insert inside the bait. It works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.