Hooked on carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by catfishing is fun, May 20, 2007.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    I went fishing saturday, and say a guy fight a 10lb carp for 25minutes on an ultralight, and i must catch one, i have decided my best rod and reel for the job is a zebco 33 combo with 10lb spiderwire, or a shakesphere ultralight with 4lb mono, which would be better, also dose corn really work

2. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    That must have been a big fight. I just caught a ten pounder the other day with an 8' medium heavy ugly stick and that was fun! I can only imagine that fish on an ultralite. They will hit corn but I've been getting them with nightcrawlers.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Carp can be a lot of fun, I've caught them on corn, but they always hit wheaties balls very well.

4. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    how would i make wheaties balls

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Dont worry about wheaties yet you'll have your best luck w/ corn and bread. I caught a 12lber on corn. Im hooked on carp too. All I have been fishing for lately.

6. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Marshall, get a 18-20oz box of Wheaties and a can of strawberry Jumex.
    Crush the Wheaties, pour in the can of Jumex, and mix until blended. Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
    To use, cover a #4 baitholder or #6 treble with the mixture and cast out.

My UL carp rig is an Okuma EB-30 with 4lb mono, on a Cabelas 13' live bait rod. It's a blast catching on it.

Will
    p.s. Corn also works and is simpler to use.

7. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Just use corn and be sure to prebait(chum) the area w/ a can of corn 1/2 hour before u fish it. In response to your rods, i'd use the rod w/ 10lb test, just because 4 is a little light especially if you hook into a 20+ pound fish. The biggest i caught last year was 37 inches and weighed 26 pounds. I caught that fish on 8lb. test and a #6 hook w/ corn.