Hooked by a flathead catfish! I am switching over to catfishing

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by TxRiverman, May 1, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Up until this past weekend,Ive been a die hard bass fisherman.But after hooking what my fishing buddy says was a 20-30lb yellow(got it to the bank,not on the bank)Im switching over to catfish. Ive never had a fish school me like that yellow did! Im Hooked!!

2. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Glad to see you crossed over from the DARK side. Welcome to our world. LOL:dribble: :beat_brick:

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, glad you have seen the light. Now, Ba$$ do make great biat.

4. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    welcome to the world of catfishing bro...ain't nothing like it! and welcome to the BOC "where bass are bait!". LOL.

5. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Aaron, Welcome to the best catfishing site on the net!

6. flatheadchris

flatheadchris New Member

State:
    sc
    rip u look like my neighbor.... :)

7. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Welcome TxRiverman. I know exactly what you mean. Until about five years ago, I was a hard core basser. My good friend and I were talking fishing one night and he said, "You know, you can bass fish you whole life and you may not catch a 10lb fish". I said your right about that. He said,"I normally catch several fish over 20lbs every year". I said, "YOU WHAT". He said, "Yeph". I said, "your kidding right". He said, "nope". So then I said something smart like, "Well, your fishing at night and setting in one spot and that just isn't my game". He said, "No, I do all my fishing during the day and it's a lot faster game than you think". To stop there, he had my interest. I got an invitation. I went. I got hooked. To say the least, I havent' looked back. I LOVE CATCHING BIG CATFISH!!!!!!:big_smile:

8. Ducain

Ducain New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Now this is a good natured ribbing here, but I do have to say that a man can't call himself a fisherman if he ignores all but one type of fish.

To me, if it has gills and lives in the water, I like catching it.

:)

9. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Good Man, you wont regret it. I love catching them because they look exactly like my first ex wife. UGLEY!!!!! Bigcatman0816.

10. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ah, a new member to catfishing, and the BOC as well, welcome. Any questions you have about catfishing, don't be afraid to ask here.

11. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Welcome to the boc. Glad to see another realize what the missing part was in their life. that would be cat fishing. lol. The next time you catch a ba$$ just think BAIT!

12. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Another Texas Brother, It's good to see new members join but when a brother or sister from Texas comes on board it really makes me happy.
    I've met a few Texas Brothers and sisters that I would have never met before had it not been for the BOC.

BTW, ya can still Bass fish but Cattin' is much more fun. Besides it gives ya a reason to go get ya some more fishin' gear.

13. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Plain and simple catfishing is addictive.

14. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Poor guy, I feel sorry for him. I thought God was mad at me and thats why I looked this way. LOL

15. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC, Aaron. There aren't many fish in the water that can fight as smart as a flathead cat. Good luck and tightlines.

16. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Big catfish have a way of converting even the best bass fishermen out there, Aaron, welcome to the BOC

17. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I agree with some of the other post on here, don't stop bass fishing. Catfishing is my favorite but i also love crappie, walleye, and striper fishing. Knowing how to catch several different species can be very rewarding. And i'm sorry about you getting hooked on catfish. U probably have a very nice bass boat, just think of all the shad scales and slime, haha.

18. bigyella

bigyella New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great, thats all we need, more competition.....LOL
    Welcome to what real fishing is. Your big rewards will be slower, but ahh what a reward. Btw, you are going to have to upgrade all your tackel. You can no longer buy tackel at wallmart. All that wallmart sells is bait tackel. Find the biggest hook you can, and order 3 times that size from a good catfish supplier. Ha Ha.

19. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Someone else has caught the fever lol !

20. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You are absolutly right. I fish for three kinds of fish, Blues, Flatheads, and channels, LOL!!! If it has scales it is bait!!!!