Hook tying machine

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by PhillyCatcatcher4, Jun 28, 2007.

1. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :0a21: Has anyone ever seen or bought a portable hook tying machine? I purchased one on EBAY for $ 0.99 cents,but I paid $8.00 to have it shippedto me. I truly beleive I should have kept my $8.99 because I can't figure out how use it. :confused2: Does anyone know how to use this junk? If you can helpit would be:0a31:

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Greg if it's like most things these days, give the instructions to that young en you're holding an watch an learn....LOL.
    :big_smile:

3. Whiskerhunter

Whiskerhunter New Member

State:
    Ky
    Other than the obvious, what does a hook tying machine do exactly, snell the hook to your line?

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Not sure what a hook tying machine even looks like...Should have just sent all your Hooks to Big George and had him do it :tounge_out:

You would have been better off buying a $10 vice and snelling up a bunch.. After you do a couple, its really nothing to it... Can snell in the dark now with very little lite... (course, thats after doing a few hundred eheh)...

5. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    bootshowl is right...If you don't have any instructions, give the kid a peice of line and tell him it's a toy...He'll have it figured out in no time.....

Seriously, is the machine the kind that snells hooks???That's the only thing I've ever seen before...I'm always wanted to buy one, but never got around to it....If snelling, I use the Uni-knot system of tying hooks...Works great....Dwight