Hook StorageTips

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Brother Dave, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Brother Dave

Brother Dave New Member

State:
    Williamsburg Io
    Hi ya'll,
    I need help! I am having a terrible time keeping my hooks straight. I have a small one tray tackle box I store a few major supplies I use when fishing. I use about 5 different types of hooks, and always turning and tossing my tackle box, they get scattered and mixed up.
    Any tips to them sorted in tackle box,
    God Loves You!
    Brother Dave
    Hebrews 11.1,
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we not see."

2. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    I personally use one of the small Plano style clear snap closed storage containers with the different compartments.

3. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    i use the same as brian..:wink:

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Me too, I can keep my swivels and a hanful of sinkers too.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I also use the same.:cool2:
    Different compartments for each size and style. Works great for me!
    I also use the little cardboard rust inhibitor pieces in each compartment. I forgot the name but can look if anyone is interested. They work great and never have a problem with them rusting. Cheap & well worth the investment, I think their good for 6 months+.:cool2:

6. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I use a Flambeau 9001 Deep Tuff 'Tainer Utility Box. I like these because I can hold everything I need in it and keep it seperated. I only bank fish so this works well and fits in my backpack. I would recommend looking into a utillity box.

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I keep mine in assorted sized zip locks or as Big G calls em crack baggies. I get mine from a jewelery supply my daughter works for. Works great for me. I get assorted sizes to keep every thing in. I like to have several pre snelled hooks and they work great for that too.​

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dave if your wanting to continue to keep everything in your present tackle box I would agree with this post. Works well. You can also put the small baggies in a zip lock bag, to keep all sizes of hooks close together. I like your statement on "Now Faith".

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i use a little Plano box like the others. i save all the moister packets that i of my family gets in everything for jerky to a new TV. i throw them in my tackle and gun cases and they seem to help keep the moister out. its Christmas time, you should be able to get plenty of them, just ask your friends and family to save them. you can tell when they are spent, they will look tinged or brown, then just throw them away. much cheaper fix than the rust inhibitors.

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I agree. Crack baggies!! Thanks again to ole BG!!!!

11. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    You talking snelled hooks, or loose hooks? It makes a difference in my tackle box. Snelled hooks tend to be either in the package, or loose (i need a better method). Loose hooks are usually in a small plastic compartment box (little plano storage things), or i may start using some of those plastic medicine bottles for some other ones.

12. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    I use the little baggie method you can get them at walmart or on ebay for a dollar:cool2:. keeps everything really organized.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      22.4 KB
      Views:
  13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You can also use safety pins to keep hooks of the same size together. Not a fool proof way to prevent tangles, but works pretty well. Takes up a whole lot less room in a tackle box. LOL

14. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Last year I switched over to a new plano tuff box organizer box,the new ones have blue plastic dividers that have rust inhibiters embedded in them,so far they work well. gamma's and owner hooks that don't get snelled are left in their store packaging.

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i use clear box with the crack bags only way to go

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  16. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,ve been using the new 3700 Plano utility boxes with the O ring moisture proof seal.They make a difference.:wink:

17. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    If hooks are pre-snelled, I like using those rectangular hook holders they sell at "Wally World" Wal-Mart. It should work great if you want to keep using your current tackle box.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009