Hook setters

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by godsglad8tor, Jun 10, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    i guess its the new milinem for sure if we are to resort to hook setters, sounds like lazyness to me but okay...found alot of them on ebay for a pricy mark, cheapest one i found was 7 bucks that was shipping included for something to stick on your pull and to set your hook, that is if its luck or it really works, so ya....

here are some links, they are movies

http://quicksetfishing.com/movie/qsmovie.php?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOOK-SETTER-FOR...ryZ31708QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOC-MIRACLE-HOO...ryZ36153QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now the question is do you think its worth buying and if they really work, your replys should be interesting

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wow they will sell anything. I could just see my last eye on my rod come flying off with that thing. Well at least they were catching catfish.

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    theres the key, now go back on ebay and buy a powerful super glue to glue your eyelid back on :happy:

4. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Ya I Have Seen Those Things And Posted A Thread On Here About Them But It Disappeared. I Was Thinking About Getting One For My Lil Cousin But I Would Prob. Put A Split Ring Or Something On The Rod Tip To Clip It To So It Wouldn't Mess It Up.

5. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Thats not for me !!!I LIKE TO SET MY OWN HOOKS!!!!! Thanks for the post

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Now... if I could find something to bait the hook and throw it out, I may have a chance in the spring 2007 fishoff...:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    A computer beat me at chess once. But, it was no match for me at kick boxing.

7. reelking92

reelking92 New Member

State:
    MI
    man i used those hooksetters and they dont even work half the time. lost a nice spinning outfit too.

8. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Bo! If you're interested in taking the fishing out of it, why don't you just use the circle hooks? Let them hook the fish for you?

I know I just started a big argument, and there goes you finding out the information you were looking for, but I couldn't resist it. :smile2:I'm gonna leave all these angry circle hook users to fuss at each other and I'm moving on. :tounge_out:

9. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    why not, ill get a pattend and well be rich lol

10. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    Yep, then all you would need was an auto-reeler/netter and you could sleep the whole time...lol. I do see where it may benefit someone who is handicapped or disabled.