Hook setter

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Missouribreaks, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Missouribreaks

Missouribreaks New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've been "dip bait" fishing for a while now, and one thing I've noticed is I usually only get that one good strike, which I miss, sad to say, a lot. I found this cheap, simple hook-setter online (Fishamatic hooksetter), and have been having some okay results. If anyone has a better mousetrap plan on this subject, I would humbly appreciate it. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Monty Welcome to the BOC. No extra mousetrap. You might want to hold your rod in your hands until you learn the feel of the fish loading the rod. Another thing could be the type of hook you are useing. The more you fish the more refined you will become. Good luck to you.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Monty welcome to the BOC. I would try to keep the line tight, that way u can feel the bite.

4. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    in the library there is a thing called frosty's that looks complicated but may be what you need

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I've seen guys put the dip bait worms on a circle hook instead of a j hook or treble. I use circles almost exclusively and they work on channels using cut bait and liver, so they would probably work using dip bait. I switched to circles because like you I either kept missing hook sets or wasn't paying attention when they hit. I don't have that problem with circles. Good Luck!

Branden

6. Missouribreaks

State:
    missouri
    Thanks to all for the info. I've been trying to use two poles, and ultimately ending up with nothing. Guess it's time to go back to one and give up the gimmics. I noticed my cousin keeps the line resting on his finger. I'm definitely going to try the circle hooks too. thanks!

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Do resist the urge to 'set' the hook when you go to circle hooks. I am getting used to circle hooks myself!

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Get yourself some SSW OWNERS circles, you will see results.:big_smile_2::0a22::0a26:

9. Missouribreaks

State:
    missouri
    you can now veiw the hook setter i was talking about. didn't know you couldn't earlier. sorry

10. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 New Member

State:
    California
    Looks like a pretty good plan...but seems like it takes the fun out of it.

11. Missouribreaks

State:
    missouri
    Been out the las t few evenings. Switched to circle hooks, and held the string for bite sign. caught six real nice channels. Thanks guys!!:smile2:

12. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
  13. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD