Hook Removal

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by ldw45, Jul 25, 2007.

1. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
  2. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have to tell you this.... I went to a church camp for a week when I was a kid and we were fishing one day. The guy next to me sidearmed his cast and stuck a treble hook in my arm. All three hooks!! Had to go to the hospital and have it cut out. Ouch!!:crazy:

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    alls you need to do is slightly pinch the skin ( make a small hill )and gentaly press the hook down and out

painless and simple:wink:............. except for the whole thing:smile2:

4. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the informitive post Dean. I would have never done it like that. Iwas taught to run hook back threw the skin and then cut hook and barb off and back it out. :0a23:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Dean for sharing. I hope you never need to use it, but good to know.:smile2:

6. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Hey Joe i share your pain I had the exact same thing happen as a kid. but i had to ride my bike 2 miles with a big musky stick bait dangling from my arm. then mom took me to the hospital and they gave me a shot pulled the hooks thru the skin cut off the barbs and pulled back out. ahhhh wonderful childhood memories lol.

7. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I too hope you never need it buddy...Thanks for sharing...

8. keenphis

keenphis New Member

State:
    SantaPaula, Callifornia
    Thanks man. Never heard of it done that away, it is always good to know of more than one way to do something in my opinion.

9. Polish Moose

Polish Moose New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is goning to make me sound like a real dope, but once I got a two trebles stuck in my face. One in my nose and one in my upper lip. I pushed them through and pinched down the barbs and backed them out. I wasn't about to go have someone else do it, I would never live it down!!! Every fisherman should know this though should they ever need it.

10. puck55

puck55 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i was cleaning my trot line and a swell hit and a nice size trot line hook right into my middle finger made it poke out the other side till the barb was though cut the barb off and slide it back though it sucked real bad

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Been in that boat too, remember when I was 15 fishing bass with my ma, had both treb's on a Zara Spook (that I just bought that morning) stuck in the middle of my left hand, and YES we were in a boat with a tiller steer, LOL mom wasn't driving, to busy not passing out, went to the hospital and I was more upset that they were gonna ruin my new lure than any of it...LOL Great Advice to know!